• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upasna
    replied
    H4 Dependent Kid work permit - for modelling/acting

Hi All,

I would like to know if H4 EAD needs to be applied for a dependent kid (h4) as work permit to work in modeling or acting? How that kid can work in US? Whats the process of getting a work permit for a H4 dependant kid.

Thank You!
    Upasna

Leave a comment:

• Sankar1987
    replied
    H4 EAD and new I-140 petition clarification

Hi,

I have a valid*approved I-140 (Not Revoked) through my previous employer. I am planning to apply H4 EAD for my spouse on June 15th, 2017.

Meanwhile my current employer started my green card processing (EB-2)*and got my PERM application approved today. They are planning to file my I-140 petition sooner.

Please advise on the following questions:

1)*Do i need to wait till my new I-140 approval from my current employer to file the H4 EAD or whether i can apply for H4 EAD based on my previous employer's *I-140 approval notice. I am concerned if my current employer files the I-140 petition on my behalf it should not affect the H4 EAD application for my spouse with previous I-140 approval notice.

2) Will the previous I-140 approval notice become void if the new I-140 is approved with the priority date ported into it?

Please advise on this concern. Thank you very much for the help!

Leave a comment:

• sanugu
    replied
    Planning for H4 & EAD extension along with my H1B extension. Can my H4 spouse Travel?

HI,

I am also planning to file H1 extension, my spouse H4 extension and H4 EAD extension. But my spouse may travel to out of country before it approved. I am thinking of this because we need approved H4 EAD before it expires, currently USCIS stopped premium processing for H1 B extension and we need approved H4 EAD to apply for EAD or I can apply concurrent for H4 extension & EAD.
    Please help if this works.

Thanks
    Anugu

Leave a comment:

• KiranW
    replied
    Can We file H4 EAD Extension with H4 Extension receipt?

My H4 EAD is expiring this September, 2017. My Husband filed his H1 extension and my H4 extension under premium processing in March, 2017. We have received the H1 B approval . However, my H4 extension is still inprogress.

Question: In current scenario, Can I apply for my H4 EAD extension submitting my husband's H1 approved petition and my H4 extension receipt? Has any one successfully got their EAD by applying using the H4 extension receipt alone?

Leave a comment:

• Askjenny
    replied
    Originally posted by pramodkumar.cse View Post
    Hi,

I got my H4 Visa couple of week ago and my spouse does have i140 approved, but since i have some commitments i cannot move to US immediately, so is it possible that i can go to US for a Week and get my i94 to apply for EAD and come back to live in india till i get EAD? or do i have to stay in US till i get my EAD.

can you please help me out with this..
    For Filling EAD only, You need to be Physically present in US, Once its filled you can go back . One thing to be noted, EAD card will be send to US address and some one should be there to collect it .

Leave a comment:

• pramodkumar.cse
    replied
    H4 ead

Hi,

I got my H4 Visa couple of week ago and my spouse does have i140 approved, but since i have some commitments i cannot move to US immediately, so is it possible that i can go to US for a Week and get my i94 to apply for EAD and come back to live in india till i get EAD? or do i have to stay in US till i get my EAD.

can you please help me out with this..

Leave a comment:

• VijayUS
    replied
    Originally posted by sydga90 View Post
    I am on my H1b visa right now and I haven't initiated my green card yet. Now, will my spouse be able to work here with a H4B visa? Or do I have to have my green card process initiated and then wait for I-I40 approval until my spouse can start working?*

Please clarify.
    Your spouse cannot work currently on H4 Visa. You need to get your Green Card process initiated and reach the I-140 approval stage. Only then you are eligible for applying EAD (H4) for your wife.

- Not a legal advise

Vijay

Leave a comment:

• sydga90
    replied
    H4B EAD eligibility

I am on my H1b visa right now and I haven't initiated my green card yet. Now, will my spouse be able to work here with a H4B visa? Or do I have to have my green card process initiated and then wait for I-I40 approval until my spouse can start working?*

Please clarify.

Leave a comment:

• jpm13
    replied
    H4-EAD renewal while H1B/H4 extension is in process

Hi,

My H1b(and spouse H4 and H4-EAD) is expiring on 07/10/2017.
    My employer is filing a regular extension this week.

What are my best options to avoid any issue with the H4-EAD as my wife is working full time?

As per the lawyer H1B extension is taking around 10 months these days.

1) Should I go for a premium processing for H1(my company doesn't cover premium so i would have to pay $1500) and upon approval(likely to get in 15 days) apply for EAD in march(due to 120 days restriction)

2) Should I go for a premium processing for all 3(costs me $1500 for H1 and $810 for H4-EAD as lawyer and application fees )?

3) Let the regular H1 extension continue and apply H4-EAD in march(as soon as it reaches 120 days) on the basis of the H1B extension application receipt number, if its possible, if it is how would USCIS determine the expiration of the new EAD?

Please advise.

Regards,
    JP

Leave a comment:

• Bakul
    replied
    H1 B to H4 EAD

Hi there, I have H1B visa and Currently my H1B extension is in process and I have I 797 C form. (expiry date for h1b was 10/31/2016).
    My husband will receive his I140 soon and then I am thinking to apply for converting H1b to H4 and H4 EAD when my husband will apply for his h1B extension.
    So question is
    1) Can I apply for H1B to H4 and H4 EAD when my current H1B extension is still in process.
    2) If we want to provide future date for H4, what is the ideal time period for that? So that I can work until that date on my current h1B visa.
    We are planning to file my H4 along with his H1B extension in premium processing.

Please guide

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• dreamzzz
    replied
    Carry all necessary documents

Originally posted by Arunxavi View Post
    Hi,
    This is my current stand -
    a. I entered into US via B1/B2
    b. Converted into H4 as my wife is on H1B
    c. Now travelling back to India this Jan 2017
    d. Appointment fixed for Jan end with US Consulate for H4 stamping
    c. **** **** *e register marriage (Me Christian/She Hindu) via District Registrar
    d. No Wedding Invitation or Wedding pictures.

Questions I have -
    a. No wedding pictures or invitation will that matter. Her name is my passport as mine is renewed while her's still has validity so my name isnt there.
    b. H4 applied in US will that help to support the H4 case?
    c. Any advise of how I can handle this situation and receive a H4 with any rejections.

Kindly throw in all your advises including references if any.
    Your time and advise is immensely appreciated.

Thank you
    Your spouse name should be entered in your passport if you are applying for h4. Yes you need to have her name on your passport which you already have

They can use the existing valid visa stamped with your I-797 to enter U.S. In addition, they need to carry the same set of documents that you carried when you enter the first time.

Just carry all the documents you took at your first POE.

Mandatory:
    Valid passport, valid H4 visa, your husband's latest H1B approval notice

Good to have:
    Your spouse's latest 2-3 months pay slips, an employment verification letter from your spouse's employer to prove that he is still employed.

*Opinion not a legal advice*

Leave a comment:

• Arunxavi
    replied
    NEED ADVISE!!!!! H4 STAMPING in CHENNAI CONSULATE

Hi,
    This is my current stand -
    a. I entered into US via B1/B2
    b. Converted into H4 as my wife is on H1B
    c. Now travelling back to India this Jan 2017
    d. Appointment fixed for Jan end with US Consulate for H4 stamping
    c. **** **** *e register marriage (Me Christian/She Hindu) via District Registrar
    d. No Wedding Invitation or Wedding pictures.

Questions I have -
    a. No wedding pictures or invitation will that matter. Her name is my passport as mine is renewed while her's still has validity so my name isnt there.
    b. H4 applied in US will that help to support the H4 case?
    c. Any advise of how I can handle this situation and receive a H4 with any rejections.

Kindly throw in all your advises including references if any.
    Your time and advise is immensely appreciated.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• suhaanan
    replied
    L to H conversion query

I was on usa for around 2.6 years on L1B visa and my L1B extension got denied and i came back to India on 30 June 2016.

Now my H1B petition is also approved (Lto H Conversion) and my question is if i will stay in India for 13 months and i will go to USA then will i will get six years to stay in USA or the period which i already spent will be minus from six years??

Leave a comment:

• Rgdh1
    replied
    H4 stamping while H4 EAD in progress

Hi,

Is it advisable to go for H4 stamping interview, while H4 EAD is still in progress?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• upicky
    replied
    Travel during H4 EAD in progress

Is it safe to travel while H4 EAD application is in progress? The documentation is perfect.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X