X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a_a
    replied
    H4-F1 first & then H4ead together. If i get approval on either what happens to other?

I'm currently on H4. I then decided to pursue MS so we applied for COS to F1. It's been 8 months i still don't have an F1 approval. Now we have filed for my H4 extension (which is about to expire) and H4 EAD together. Assuming I get either one of this status (F1 or H4 ead). What happens to other application? Would it automatically be cancelled or status would be changed again?

Any expert advice would be helpful - Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• sms1978
    replied
    H1B Amendments

I got my H1B approval in Aug 2015. Have not done the Visa stamping yet. Now, my client has postponed the requirement till 3rd Q 2016. Which means another year. I have approched other projects in company X as they have demands. But i have been told due to the recent Amendment spat in USA, our Company X is not filling any Amendment for 2015 H1B. Please share the ammendement Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• rbvisa
    replied
    Extension of H4 EAD upon H1B transfer/renewal

Hi,

My spouse recently has received H4-EAD, based on my H1B status + I140 approval(2012). However, I would like to enquire if I plan to change the employer. Then, the new employer needs to reapply my GC(permanent residence) application along with new labor and I140 ? In that case, what will be status of the H4-EAD that my spouse had received?

Could it be considered valid for continuous of employment, or the H4-EAD needs to be reapplied with new H1B transfer/renewal ?

I would like to assess the risk involved of my changing the employer, and if it impact my spouse's working status (H4-EAD).

Can anyone please share similar stories or assistance with this problem?

Thanks!
    -rb

Leave a comment:

• kunalgopro
    replied
    H4 EAD Job

Just thought to share my story, since I see many of you are in same boat as I was. Just like you I was waiting for EAD, but was also aware of the fact that what I will be doing once I have it. So I joined one of the IT consultancy firm in SF bay area. I know that there are many firms in bay area, but to find the right one is difficult. The one I joined trained me very well in the field I wanted to go in. They made all the efforts to market me with their big clients.

So meanwhile my EAD was in process, I went for training and applied for interviews. And the best part is I got an offer in my 3rd interview itself. I was not confident at all but I realized that the training they provided was one of the reason I cracked the interview. So guys just an advice to you all, keep preparing for your interviews while EAD in the process and it never hurts to get trained and then go for the interviews.

I want all of you guys to be successful in your job search. If you want feel free to send me your email id/resumes , I can forward it to the firm.

Best Luck!
    Kunal

Leave a comment:

• Ankur_Priya
    replied
    H4 EAD query_ Urgent

Hi,
    i am on H4. My husband will complete his 6 years on H1B in September 2015. He got his PERM approved in March 2015 and his employer is yet to apply for his I140. I am a bit confused about the 7th year H1 B extension eligibility criteria to apply for H4 EAD as per the new H4 EAD rule by USCIS.

Kindly let me know under what category am I eligible to apply for EAD and when.

Leave a comment:

• Kate Parker
    replied
    Conflicting info re H4 and EAD

Hello, I'm hoping for a bit of clarity and information. My background is as follows

My husband is in the US on an H1B nonimmigrant skilled workers visa. I am therefore on an H4 spousal visa. We have just moved to the US and will only be applying for permanent residency in a few years. I am a bit confused regarding the recent information on EAD and spouses.

AM I or AM I NOT allowed to work as an H4 spouse in the US? Do we have to have applied for permanent residency before I am allowed to work?

TIA!

Leave a comment:

• needhelptodecide
    replied
    F1 OPT to H4 EAD

Hi,
    I am currently in the US on F1 OPT which is going to expire in 45 days or so. While here, I met someone who is on H1B (and recently got the I-140 approved) and we have been together for 6 months. We are great together and want to continue staying together, so we recently did registered marriage here. We have not had an Indian marriage yet since we are still in the process of convincing parents. Given the sensitivity of family situation, we have not told people that we got married.
    Now given expiry of OPT and F1 very soon, I need to change my status to H4 and then apply for EAD. My concerns are:

1. Since we do not have an Indian marriage, will there be any trouble in getting H4?

2. Should I file COS from F1 to H4 here or should I go to India for applying for H4 visa?

3. If here, should I apply for COS and EAD together or wait till I get H4 (will take about 6 months or more in total for both)?

4. If I go back to India, and then my H4 is denied, will my B1/B2 (10 years visa) also be revoked? Or can I enter US again on tourist visa this year?

Also, I will have an important personal/work thing to attend later this year. Will they let me enter for that?
    Would really appreciate your views.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• baazi
    replied
    H4 EAD I-765 Question #11

Hello,

I have worked in US earlier for 10 years on H1B visa before change of my status from H1B to H4. Currently I am in H4 status since 4 years,so should I say yes to the question #11 and mention the dates of my previous H1B visas or should I mention No to this question. Please let me know

Regards,
    Baazi

Leave a comment:

• Madhu babu
    replied
    Eligibility Category in I-765 form

Hi,

As part of I-765 form, you have stated that eligibility category is (c) (26). Is it common for all ?? Also as an H1-B principal applicant , iam planning to file H-4 EAD application process. Do you see any issues if I do it individually

Thanks,
    Madhu Babu M

Leave a comment:

• immihelp
    started a topic H4 Visa EAD information

H4 Visa EAD information

For extensive information about H4 Visa EAD, please visit http://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-ead/

As and when more information is known, we will be updating that section. Therefore, please keep visiting it often.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X