Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping. Few Questions

Hi,

I am in US right now on L1B and will be visiting Bangalore (my home town) in October. My H1B is already picked and I will get it stamped before I come back to US in November. I have couple of questions, if somebody can guide me –
    – Is it possible to get stamping done at Bangalore ?
    – If I need to go to Delhi (which is second preferred city), can I book flight tickets now for specific date ? I will be going to India only for 1 month with lot of other work, so I will have strict time lines.
    - Can dropbox work in my case ?

Regards
    Abhishek

– Is it possible to get stamping done at Bangalore ?
    >>> There is no U.S embassy in Bangalore. Check the below links for the location of U.S consulates in India.

– If I need to go to Delhi (which is second preferred city), can I book flight tickets now for specific date? I will be going to India only for 1 month with lot of other work, so I will have strict time lines.
    >>> First schedule the visa interview and then book the flight tickets based on the scheduled time frame.

- Can dropbox work in my case ?
    >>> You are not eligible for drop box since your previous visa is L1 and you will be applying for H1B this time.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      – If I need to go to Delhi (which is second preferred city), can I book flight tickets now for specific date? I will be going to India only for 1 month with lot of other work, so I will have strict time lines.
      >>> First schedule the visa interview and then book the flight tickets based on the scheduled time frame.
      https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-stamping-documents/
      Thanks for replying.
      As of now, my status on attorney website is "Materials received. Preparing forms (since 6/10)". Usually when are we eligible to schedule appointment (as per its lifecycle) ? Just little concerned, that flight prices should not be sky high if I get to book flight at very late stage.
      I am planning to visit Delhi after 2nd November (whenever I can get appointment) and my return ticket to US is 13th November. Can it be sufficient time to get my stamped passport back ?

Comment

Originally posted by abhisheks77 View Post
        Thanks for replying.
        As of now, my status on attorney website is "Materials received. Preparing forms (since 6/10)". Usually when are we eligible to schedule appointment (as per its lifecycle) ? Just little concerned, that flight prices should not be sky high if I get to book flight at very late stage.
        I am planning to visit Delhi after 2nd November (whenever I can get appointment) and my return ticket to US is 13th November. Can it be sufficient time to get my stamped passport back ?
        You should probably check with the attorney as to the latest status. By now they should have got the receipt notice and if you had applied in premium would have got the I797 too. Which forms are they preparing?

You cant control the flight prices and its not advisable to book tickets without first getting the visa in hand.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Finally I got reply from my attorney. "Unfortunately I cannot give you an exact timeline for when we will receive a decision for your H-1B cap case. USCIS is currently processing the H-1B Cap cases. We receive approvals as well as requests for evidence weekly. We anticipate that all notices for Cap cases should be issued within the next few weeks, but USCIS has not given an exact timeframe.
          If you would like to schedule the interview, you can use the receipt number (WACxxxxxxxxxx) for your Cap case to do so now. Please understand that if you do not have an approval notice by the time of the interview that you would have to reschedule the interview"
          May be, I need to wait for more time.

Comment

Never advisable to schedule an interview based on the receipt notice. Wait for the approval and then schedule the interview.

Originally posted by abhisheks77 View Post
            Finally I got reply from my attorney. "Unfortunately I cannot give you an exact timeline for when we will receive a decision for your H-1B cap case. USCIS is currently processing the H-1B Cap cases. We receive approvals as well as requests for evidence weekly. We anticipate that all notices for Cap cases should be issued within the next few weeks, but USCIS has not given an exact timeframe.
            If you would like to schedule the interview, you can use the receipt number (WACxxxxxxxxxx) for your Cap case to do so now. Please understand that if you do not have an approval notice by the time of the interview that you would have to reschedule the interview"
            May be, I need to wait for more time.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks. I will wait.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X