Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Extension

Hi All,
    I have a query regarding the H4 extension while the dependent are not in US, my VISA is about to expire in Sep. I am planing to send my dependents back to India. They also have VISA stamping till SEP 30th.
    1. What i wanted to ask is can they travel back to US in SEP?

2. If in case they don't travel before September 30th and i get my VISA extension. So do i need to go to india to get their VISA stamped? or i can send my extension document so that they can go to embassy and get their VISA stamped? Just wanted to know the consequences and the procedure.

Thanks

1. What i wanted to ask is can they travel back to US in SEP?
    >>> Yes, they can travel back in September using their valid H4 visa and your H1B approval notice. They will get their new I-94 until your petition expiry date. So if your don't get your extension approved, they will have to travel back using your old approval notice and will get tehir I-94 only until Sept 30. In which case, you will need to file the H4 extension for all your dependents based on your pending H1B extension. Extension should be prior to their I-94 expiry date.

2. If in case they don't travel before September 30th and i get my VISA extension. So do i need to go to india to get their VISA stamped?
    >>> You don't need to go. They need to go gettheir H4 visa stamped based on your extended petition.

or i can send my extension document so that they can go to embassy and get their VISA stamped?
    >>> Yes, that is what they need to do.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X