Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa questions

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this question has been posted here before. I'm currently holding an L1A visa and one year ago I was about to switch to another employer who processed my H1B and I was due to start with them October 2013. However, that employer got acquired by another company and I decided not to switch after all. So now, I'm still on my L1A visa and I have an H1B visa valid but not activated.

I have an offer now from another company and I was wondering what options I have. Is it possible to switch the H1B visa to this new employer (knowing that I never activated it in the first place - I needed to go to a consulate aboard and reenter on the H1B)? Do I have to start the H1B visa process all over again? Is it possible to get an exemption knowing that I have been approved once by USCI?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Do you have a copy of your H1B approval notice?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Do you have a copy of your H1B approval notice?

Yes I received the approval notice and it's valid until end of 2017

Comment

In that case you can find another employer who can file a COS from L1 to H1B using tha CAP from your previous H1B approval notice.

Originally posted by nyckiter View Post
        Yes I received the approval notice and it's valid until end of 2017
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X