Given Name – Parmod Kumar

Surname –LNU

I-129:-

Surname – Last name unknown

New Passport:-

Given Name – Parmod

Surname – Kumar

When I joined my employer i-797 approved as per my old passport (i-797 LNU,PARMOD KUMAR) but my old passport got expire so i got my passport with split name as Parmod, Kumar.
    I have to visit india very urgent now..And haven't file i-797 Amendment... Is it mandatory to file for i-797 Amendment for name split... Also will it create any problem if i go for stamping as i don't have time to file for i-797 amendment. i need to visit india with in 2-3 weeks.
    Last edited by goyatparmod; 09-29-2015, 11:25 PM.

Originally posted by goyatparmod View Post
    Please help..

hese are my details

Old Passport :-

Given name- Parmod Kumar

Surname – Blanks

I-797:-

Surname –LNU

I-129:-

Surname – Last name unknown

New Passport:-

Given Name – Parmod

Surname – Kumar

When I joined my employer i-797 approved as per my old passport (i-797 LNU,PARMOD KUMAR) but my old passport got expire so i got my passport with split name as Parmod, Kumar.
    I have to visit india very urgent now..And haven't file i-797 Amendment... Is it mandatory to file for i-797 Amendment for name split... Also will it create any problem if i go for stamping as i don't have time to file for i-797 amendment. i need to visit india with in 2-3 weeks.

Hi

I am also facing the same issue with name split in new passport and fnu in I 797. Can you please update whether you had any issue for stamping and at POE? If so, how did you resolve it.
    Thank you so much

Comment

LNU FNU After I797 approval

Originally posted by bharatishiv View Post
      Hi

I am also facing the same issue with name split in new passport and fnu in I 797. Can you please update whether you had any issue for stamping and at POE? If so, how did you resolve it.
      Thank you so much
      This is what I did
      1. Got I797 with LNU as last name
      2. Applied for new passport in India with Name Split request. (Didn't require any Advertisment in newspaper as name was not changed and just split, so embassy knows these type of issues well).
      3. Went for appointment with DS160 with name split and Passport information as for new passport. In the section where it says - did you have old passport/Lost etc. Mention the previous passport (which was used to file I797).
      4. Carry both passports for interview and be confident. That's it.
      5. Try not to throw the old passport as you never know when it might be asked for evidence (eg: applying for I-94, Visa renewals etc).
      Hope that helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X