Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B renew query

Hello,
    I came to US in May 2012 on L1B visa. I got my H1B in Oct 2012 and started working as H1B consultant from nov 2012 till Jan 2015. Then I went back to india and came back to US on H4 visa in May 2015. Since then I am on H4 visa in USA. My questions here are-

1. How much time is still left on my H1B visa?
    2. Is there a time limit to renew my H1B visa? Till when can i still try to come on H1B visa with the same old petition number?
    3. My passport is expiring in May 2016. Please tell me the process for its renewal. Can everything be done by mail and no physical presence to passport renewal office?
    4. I got my I94 when i re-entered on H4 visa till May 2016. Will it be renewed along with my passport renewal or i need to go out of USA to get a new I94?

Please advise.
    Thanks in advance.

Waiting for a reply.

Comment

1. How much time is still left on my H1B visa?
      >>> 6 years minus (Time spent in U.S on L1 + H1B status). You do the math.

2. Is there a time limit to renew my H1B visa? Till when can i still try to come on H1B visa with the same old petition number?
      >>> H1B CAP is valid for 6 years from its approval.

3. My passport is expiring in May 2016. Please tell me the process for its renewal. Can everything be done by mail and no physical presence to passport renewal office?
      >>> It can be done by mail. Check the below links.

/indian-passport-services-in-usa/

4. I got my I94 when i re-entered on H4 visa till May 2016. Will it be renewed along with my passport renewal or i need to go out of USA to get a new I94?
      >>> I-94 is USCIS's property (USA). Your passport renewal is with your country of citizenship. For example, if you are an Indian, renewing the Indian passport, then how can they issue you an I-94 that only USCIS can issue? You have two options to renew your I-94.
      1) File an extension of stay - Form I-539
      2) Leave the country and re-enter on a valid H4 visa using your spouse's H1B approval notice.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X