Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very sticky situation: H1 transfer related question

Hi,

I just got my H1B approved this year. I was on an F1 till now, and I dropped out start of the month since my employer told me to.
    However I don't have a project hence I do not have any payroll initiated from the employer, hence I have no paystubs. I am on the lookout for a project.

Secondly, my employer is not giving me the H1B documents. All my H1B documents are with him and he is not handing them over even after requesting multiple times.

My question is, I want to transfer over to another company but since I do not have any original documents, nor paystubs is it possible to do so? Is it possible that I do a visa transfer.

Since visa transfer is mainly a process of submitting a new application, is it possible to do so without my original documents? And how do I get the documents from my employer? Any suggestions?

Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions, this is a very messy situation for me I don't even know what visa I am on currently.

Thank you.

If you are not getting paid while on H1B status, then you are currently out of status on H1B. When you are out of status, a H1B transfer is not possible. You will need a copy of the H1B approval notice and recent pay slip to initiate the transfer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Tell the US embassy about your situation. It's illegal to withhold anyone's documents like this.

Originally posted by strider_31 View Post
      Hi,

I just got my H1B approved this year. I was on an F1 till now, and I dropped out start of the month since my employer told me to.
      However I don't have a project hence I do not have any payroll initiated from the employer, hence I have no paystubs. I am on the lookout for a project.

Secondly, my employer is not giving me the H1B documents. All my H1B documents are with him and he is not handing them over even after requesting multiple times.

My question is, I want to transfer over to another company but since I do not have any original documents, nor paystubs is it possible to do so? Is it possible that I do a visa transfer.

Since visa transfer is mainly a process of submitting a new application, is it possible to do so without my original documents? And how do I get the documents from my employer? Any suggestions?

Please let me know if you guys have any suggestions, this is a very messy situation for me I don't even know what visa I am on currently.

Thank you.

Comment

you have the option of filing a complaint against your employer.
        see below link for more info:

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X