Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa in Administrative Processing status at Kolkata Consulate

Hi,

My wife and daughter appeared for H4 visa interview at Kolkata Consulate on 16NOV. Visa officer asked basic questions only. He asked to provide copy of my H1B visa and I-797 which she was not having. (It was not mentioned in H4 docs checklist and so I missed to give her.)

After making her to wait for around 20 minutes, they gave email address [email protected] and requested her to email my H1B visa and I-797 copy by 16thNOV end of day. I emailed them the docs at around 12:30PM 16thNOV and got reply from them as "Thank You for emailing required documents." confirming the receipt.

Today, I visited https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx to check the status and it's showing status as "Administrative Processing".
    No 221G blue form was issued to my wife. Visa officer just told her to get the docs to be emailed to the ID given.

Did anyone go thru similar situation? How long will it take for visa to be issued and passport to be collected?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Azad

Originally posted by myusufazad View Post
    Hi,

My wife and daughter appeared for H4 visa interview at Kolkata Consulate on 16NOV. Visa officer asked basic questions only. He asked to provide copy of my H1B visa and I-797 which she was not having. (It was not mentioned in H4 docs checklist and so I missed to give her.)

After making her to wait for around 20 minutes, they gave email address [email protected] and requested her to email my H1B visa and I-797 copy by 16thNOV end of day. I emailed them the docs at around 12:30PM 16thNOV and got reply from them as "Thank You for emailing required documents." confirming the receipt.

Today, I visited https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx to check the status and it's showing status as "Administrative Processing".
    No 221G blue form was issued to my wife. Visa officer just told her to get the docs to be emailed to the ID given.

Did anyone go thru similar situation? How long will it take for visa to be issued and passport to be collected?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Azad
    Why wouldn't she carry the I797 and a copy of your existing visa? Immihelp site clearly mentions them https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/.

The US Travel Docs site may not mention it explicitly but does say "Supporting Documents as per your visa type." and your I797 copy and visa copy are important supporting documents.

Now, you just have to wait for the admin processing to complete.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Why wouldn't she carry the I797 and a copy of your existing visa? Immihelp site clearly mentions them https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/.

The US Travel Docs site may not mention it explicitly but does say "Supporting Documents as per your visa type." and your I797 copy and visa copy are important supporting documents.

Now, you just have to wait for the admin processing to complete.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi for your reply. It was my bad as I followed the H4 docs checklist provided by my Immigration team. Immihelp has helped a lot in all these processes. I did all the research and somehow missed this. Lesson Learnt...
      I believe, that checklist was for the case when my dependents are attending interview with me.
      Just can wait for the status change to "Issued". Hope to get it done in few weeks..

Thanks Again!!!

Comment

After 2 weeks wait, my dependent's H4 visa get issued and passports were collected today from KOL consulate.

My friend collected the passports and was asked to submit...
        -- signed authorization letter
        -- passports copy of visa holders
        -- show original and submit copy of photo ID proof of my friend
        -- asked the name of visa holders also after collecting the passports copy to verify.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X