Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B petition approved - Name Mismatch between I-797 & New passport before stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B petition approved - Name Mismatch between I-797 & New passport before stamping

Hi All,

My H1B petition is approved with the beneficiary name as YYYY YYY , No Name Given.

While filling DS 160 form for my stamping , i realized that my surname in the passport is BLANK with the given name being YYYY YYY . Hence my company immigration team suggested me to reissue new passport by splitting the full name into YYYY as the given name and YYY as the surname.

Now that i have to proceed with stamping , my company immigration team are asking me to provide the details as per the new passport while filling DS 160 form. However my question is that since there is a discrepancy in the name between I-797 & my new passport, will it cause any problem during stamping or once i land to US. If yes , how can this be rectified.

I-797 form :

Beneficiary Nam : YYYY YYY , No Name Given

Old Passport :

Surname : (BLANK)

Given Name : YYYY YYY

New Passport :

Surname : YYY

Given Name : ZZZ

Hi

I am also facing the same issue. Can you please update whether you had any issue for stamping? If so, how did you resolve it.
    Thank you so much

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by vikas2future View Post
    Hi All,

My H1B petition is approved with the beneficiary name as YYYY YYY , No Name Given.

While filling DS 160 form for my stamping , i realized that my surname in the passport is BLANK with the given name being YYYY YYY . Hence my company immigration team suggested me to reissue new passport by splitting the full name into YYYY as the given name and YYY as the surname.

Now that i have to proceed with stamping , my company immigration team are asking me to provide the details as per the new passport while filling DS 160 form. However my question is that since there is a discrepancy in the name between I-797 & my new passport, will it cause any problem during stamping or once i land to US. If yes , how can this be rectified.

I-797 form :

Beneficiary Nam : YYYY YYY , No Name Given

Old Passport :

Surname : (BLANK)

Given Name : YYYY YYY

New Passport :

Surname : YYY

Given Name : ZZZ

Hi

I am also facing the same issue. Can you please update whether you had any issue for stamping and at POE? If so, how did you resolve it.
    Thank you so much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X