Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa stamping with H1 not stamped in passport but having approved H1 petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa stamping with H1 not stamped in passport but having approved H1 petition

All,

I already transferred my H1b to the new employer and my wife and kid are in India now. They need to get the H4 stamped to join me in US. I have approved 797 with i94 amended. Me,my wife and my sons are having H4 visa stamped for the old company. In this scenario I have the below mentioned questions:

1. Is there any problem to stamp H4 although my transferred H1B is not stamped.
    2. What are the documents are required for my dependents at the time of stamping. (Please specify documents required original or photocopy).

Thanks,
    Suman

Originally posted by suman0221 View Post
    All,

I already transferred my H1b to the new employer and my wife and kid are in India now. They need to get the H4 stamped to join me in US. I have approved 797 with i94 amended. Me,my wife and my sons are having H4 visa stamped for the old company. In this scenario I have the below mentioned questions:

1. Is there any problem to stamp H4 although my transferred H1B is not stamped.
    2. What are the documents are required for my dependents at the time of stamping. (Please specify documents required original or photocopy).

Thanks,
    Suman
    1. Dont see any.
    2. https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/. Especially your recent I797, and paystubs. They may be eligible for dropbox too.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Dont see any.
      2. https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/. Especially your recent I797, and paystubs. They may be eligible for dropbox too.

Thanks Raghvi,

How to check whether they are eligible for Drop box or not?

And will the copy of 797 will work?

Thanks,
      Suman

Comment

Originally posted by suman0221 View Post
        Thanks Raghvi,

How to check whether they are eligible for Drop box or not?

And will the copy of 797 will work?

Thanks,
        Suman

Also, when you try to register/apply online, it will ask the above questions and if eligible will say so.

I797 copy should be fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X