Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query regarding H4 going for stamping alone

Hi All,

My wife will be going alone for H4 stamping interview next week. I have few questions running in my mind

1) I came to US in 2013 from company A and the stamping was valid till OCT 2013. Later got H1 extended but never went back for stamping
    2) I switched from Company A to company B got my petition transferred. However i do not have stamping from company B

My wife had to go to India as we had a baby recently and now she is going for H4 stamping alone and i am little concerned that since i do not have stamping from company B and haven't gone back to India in last 3 years, will there be any issues for my wife's stamping?

What kind of questions can she expect considering my situation. Please help

Regards.

Can someone please post a response need this info ASAP. Your help is highly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by singhma3 View Post
      Can someone please post a response need this info ASAP. Your help is highly appreciated
      For most of the cases as long as you are having a valid H1 I797, valid I-94 and valid latest paystubs with current employer it should be seamless to get H4 visa without issues. For rare cases where the employee employer relationships were not fully clear to the VO they have insisted that the primary H1 holder also appear for the interview, nit the norm, but has happened in rare cases.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        For most of the cases as long as you are having a valid H1 I797, valid I-94 and valid latest paystubs with current employer it should be seamless to get H4 visa without issues. For rare cases where the employee employer relationships were not fully clear to the VO they have insisted that the primary H1 holder also appear for the interview, nit the norm, but has happened in rare cases.

Thanks raghvi for your response. Any specific questions that she needs to be prepared for??

Also if the interview asks "Is this your first H4?" what should be answer. Cos i moved from company A to Company B so does she have to say no its a second one??

Also if the interviewer asks "Did your husband work in US before?" what should be the answer? This is my firat H1 and i have not gone back to india since last 3 years, so just wondering what she should answer. I am also not clear on what she should answer for these 2 questions.

i really appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

Thanks raghvi for your response. Any specific questions that she needs to be prepared for??

Also if the interview asks "Is this your first H4?" what should be answer. Cos i moved from company A to Company B so does she have to say no its a second one??

Also if the interviewer asks "Did your husband work in US before?" what should be the answer? This is my firat H1 and i have not gone back to india since last 3 years, so just wondering what she should answer. I am also not clear on what she should answer for these 2 questions.

i really appreciate your help.

Thanks in Advance.
          Read experiences section to gauge the type of questions asked to H4 aspirants. http://www.immihelp.com/h1b-h4-visa-experiences/. It normally is around your job/work location and a casual discussion around duration of marriage etc.

I doubt visa officer would ask that question. If is her first H4 stamping in passport, then yes it is her first H4 visa, it does not become her second H4 just because you changed company, but I am assuming she already had a H4 visa in passport , if so, yes it would be her second visa.

You are already working in US, so answer would be Yes. As I said, read the experiences section it would help calm your nerves as H4 visas are generally a cake walk.

Comment

Read experiences section to gauge the type of questions asked to H4 aspirants. http://www.immihelp.com/h1b-h4-visa-experiences/. It normally is around your job/work location and a casual discussion around duration of marriage etc.

I doubt visa officer would ask that question. If is her first H4 stamping in passport, then yes it is her first H4 visa, it does not become her second H4 just because you changed company, but I am assuming she already had a H4 visa in passport , if so, yes it would be her second visa.

You are already working in US, so answer would be Yes. As I said, read the experiences section it would help calm your nerves as H4 visas are generally a cake walk.

Thanks Again raghvi, i will communicate it to my wife. Your answers give lot of clarity.

Comment

Hi raghvi,

Just one more question, i see that for H4 they will need original Employment letter from H1 holders company, but in my company there is no hard copy of emploment letter that we receive, instead everything is online and we get a soft copy of this letter. So is it sufficient if my wife goes with a color printout of the same. Also is there a need of letter from my company addressing US consulate that my wife has gone for H4 stamping based on my petition? Need your help with this answer as my wife will be going for stamping day after. Looking forward for your help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Comment

Hi raghvi,

Just one more question, i see that for H4 they will need original Employment letter from H1 holders company, but in my company there is no hard copy of emploment letter that we receive, instead everything is online and we get a soft copy of this letter. So is it sufficient if my wife goes with a color printout of the same. Also is there a need of letter from my company addressing US consulate that my wife has gone for H4 stamping based on my petition? Need your help with this answer as my wife will be going for stamping day after. Looking forward for your help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
                Can someone please provide me some insights on the above 2 questions, its really urgent. thanks for your help in advance.

Regards.

Comment

Hi raghvi,

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
                  A printout of employment letter is fine, also , a letter as such is not required. Make sure she carries the other supporting documents listed in immihelp site.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

A printout of employment letter is fine, also , a letter as such is not required. Make sure she carries the other supporting documents listed in immihelp site.

This is my opinion not legal advice
                    Thanks raghvi for all your help and inputs. My wifes H4 got approved and the interview went well.

For those who are in same situation as mine. the questions asked to my wife were

1) What is your Mother in laws name
                    2)What community do you belong to
                    3) How long do you know your husband
                    4) Where has he done his secondary education
                    5) Which company does he work for.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}