H1B stamping in Canada for fresh H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping in Canada for fresh H1B

MY husband is on H1B and needs to get his first stamping done this time with an approved extension. He has travel plans to India in first week of Nov but due to unavailability of stamping dates in that time he is planning to get it in Canada. How feasible is it to get the first stamping done in Canada?

Originally posted by Neha Bisaria View Post
    MY husband is on H1B and needs to get his first stamping done this time with an approved extension. He has travel plans to India in first week of Nov but due to unavailability of stamping dates in that time he is planning to get it in Canada. How feasible is it to get the first stamping done in Canada?
    Check with US consulate in Canada by writing them an email.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Neha Bisaria View Post
      There are lots of dates available in most consulates except Chennai in November. I could not find any Third Country National (TCN) information on the Canadian website. You should definitely email them
      https://ca.usembassy.govhttps://www....t-information/

From what I have read, your first H1B stamping must be done at your home country. I would strongly advise on doing that since there is no dearth of dates as I mentioned earlier.
      ------------------------
      I reply with my experience and not from any legal perspective.

Comment

Same issue

Actually, as of yesterday, there are no dates in any US consulates in India (DEL, Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai) till late January/early February 2017. The dates that are visible for earlier dates in the calendar on the website are dates for bio-metric screening. Visa appointment dates are not available. I need to get visa stamped for my H1B and since there are no dates available in India till end of this year, I am also considering Canada (Vancouver or Toronto).

Are there any consultants that can help with this?

My wife and I got our first H1B visas stamped in Mexico in 2008 and there were no issues. But i am not sure if the rules have changed now for first time H1B stamping since then.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X