Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concurrent H1B status

Hi Experts,

I am working with my current company A on h1b visa from last 2 years and I got an offer from company B and they have applied for my H1B transfer using the company A petition. My question is, can I continue to work for both company A and B at the same time once h1b transfer is approved from company B? both are FT jobs and I have a flexible work schedule and can really work 70 hours a week, I am only working 30 hrs with company A. Is there a such h1b status as concurrent? Please advise. Thanks.

Originally posted by ashes2010 View Post
    Hi Experts,

I am working with my current company A on h1b visa from last 2 years and I got an offer from company B and they have applied for my H1B transfer using the company A petition. My question is, can I continue to work for both company A and B at the same time once h1b transfer is approved from company B? both are FT jobs and I have a flexible work schedule and can really work 70 hours a week, I am only working 30 hrs with company A. Is there a such h1b status as concurrent? Please advise. Thanks.
    Well the B's H1 petition has to be filed as concurrent one.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Well the B's H1 petition has to be filed as concurrent one.

The new petition from company B has not been files as concurrent, it has filed as change of employer in I129, does this voids the petition from comppany A, I can no longer work for them?

Comment

Originally posted by ashes2010 View Post
        The new petition from company B has not been files as concurrent, it has filed as change of employer in I129, does this voids the petition from comppany A, I can no longer work for them?
        You can work for A OR B but not both.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          You can work for A OR B but not both.

If the company B files the new h1b as a concurrent one and have it approved, is that possible that my company A know that I have concurrent H1Bs? does that create any issues with company A? I do not want to affect the company A job since its a good job.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X