H1B Visa Approved but online status shows Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox H1B - Administrative processing

May 11, 2018 ? Dropbox for H1B visa stamping (have been with same employer for over 11 yrs. Have stamped visa 4 times before at Mumbai consulate)
    May 14, 2018 ? Case Created
    May 16, 2018 ? Case updated. Administrative processing.
    May 17, 2018 ? Passport return with information asking to appear to US consulate for finger printing.
    May 18, 2018 ? Finger printing at US consulate. I was informed I will get my passport Monday/Tuesday.
    May 25, 2018 ? No updates yet. Follow up has standard answer. It's going Administrative Processing.

Anyone in same situation, please update.
    Last edited by visa2018; 05-26-2018, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Admin Processing

Visa Interview: May 23, 2018
      Interview Outcome: Visa approved (no 221(g) slip given)
      Case Created: May 22, 2018
      Case Updated: May 23, 2018
      Current Status: Administrative Processing

Heyyyyo! I found out about the status of my visa yesterday. I had been checking the website every day to check the status of my passport after the interview. After a week, I decided to check the status of my visa and saw the infamous 'Administrative Processing'.

I did my undergrad from the US, graduated last May, and decided to take a year off to travel and rest. I am going to start grad school in the Netherlands this fall so I just wanted to visit my friends and professors before the semester started in August. I applied for a B1/B2 and the interview went over smoothly.

When I first started researching what AP meant, it was pretty scary. This thread has given me hope and being able to track other people's success stories offers quite a bit of relief. I have my flight scheduled for July 11, so I am hoping that my visa will be approved and issued before then. From the looks of it, it is going to take somewhere around four weeks, and a couple updates in my case, before my visa is approved.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ridh123 View Post
        My case is same. I have attended Interview at Hyderabad Consulate on 17th and since then the status is Admin Processing. The VO mentioned that i will get the passport in 2-3 business days. Is it usual?

Any update to your case?

Comment

• Case Updated (Administrative Processing)

Case Updated: June 6, 2018

The update was done right on schedule around the 2-week mark. I am expecting another update in two weeks and the visa should be issued a few days after the second update.

UPDATE #2:
          Case Updated: June 7, 2018
          Current Status: ISSUED

I guess they didn't need another two weeks. I will update the post again once I am notified to pick up my visa.

Originally posted by AP_Is_Too_OP View Post

Heyyyyo! I found out about the status of my visa yesterday. I had been checking the website every day to check the status of my passport after the interview. After a week, I decided to check the status of my visa and saw the infamous 'Administrative Processing'.

I did my undergrad from the US, graduated last May, and decided to take a year off to travel and rest. I am going to start grad school in the Netherlands this fall so I just wanted to visit my friends and professors before the semester started in August. I applied for a B1/B2 and the interview went over smoothly.

When I first started researching what AP meant, it was pretty scary. This thread has given me hope and being able to track other people's success stories offers quite a bit of relief. I have my flight scheduled for July 11, so I am hoping that my visa will be approved and issued before then. From the looks of it, it is going to take somewhere around four weeks, and a couple updates in my case, before my visa is approved.

Fingers crossed.
          Last edited by AP_Is_Too_OP; 06-07-2018, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• Case Updated (AP to Issued; Passport being prepared for delivery)

Update #3:
            Visa Status: ISSUED
            Passport Status (June 8, 2018): "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery"

There was a short window of time after my visa status changed to 'Issued' during which I couldn't see the current status of my passport. I am assuming that my passport was in transit from the embassy to the consular section during that time. The passport should be available for pick-up soon.

Update #4:
            Passport Status (3:00 PM on June 8, 2018): "Your passport is ready for pickup."

Good luck to everyone else.

Case Updated: June 6, 2018

The update was done right on schedule around the 2-week mark. I am expecting another update in two weeks and the visa should be issued a few days after the second update.

UPDATE #2:
            Current Status: ISSUED

I guess they didn't need another two weeks. I will update the post again once I am notified to pick up my visa.

Fingers crossed.
            Last edited by AP_Is_Too_OP; 06-08-2018, 05:41 AM.

Comment

• My Visa status is showing Administrative Processing

I have submitted my Visa application on 04-June and now on 08-June it is showing Administrative Processing.
              No further detail.

Comment

• Visa shows Admin Processing

Case Created: 24/07/2018
                Int. Date: 25/07/2018
                Update: 25/07/2018 (AP)
                Update: 30/07/2018 (AP)
                Visa Type: L1 & L2

There have been no updates for about a week and I am getting worried. Is anyone in the same situation for the London embassy?

Comment

• Visa shows Admin Processing

Interview Schedules 07/05/2018
                  Admin Processing: 07/06/2018
                  1st Case Update: 08/01/2018
                  2nd Case Update: 08/06/2018
                  Issued: 08/07/2018

I think its taking about a month these days. . Good Luck Everyone..

Comment

• Updated -- Visa shows Admin Processing

The status finally changed to "Issued". Here is my complete timeline for anyone in the same boat.

Created 7/24/18
                    Updated 7/25/18 Interview
                    Updated 7/25/18 Admin Proc 1 (Days)
                    Updated 7/30/18 Admin Proc 5
                    Updated 8/6/18 Admin Proc 7
                    Updated 8/9/18 Issued 3

Good Luck!

Originally posted by atrangi4u View Post
                    Case Created: 24/07/2018
                    Int. Date: 25/07/2018
                    Update: 25/07/2018 (AP)
                    Update: 30/07/2018 (AP)
                    Visa Type: L1 & L2

There have been no updates for about a week and I am getting worried. Is anyone in the same situation for the London embassy?

Comment

• H1b Approved still Admin Processing

i had been interviewed at chennai consualte and VO said " vissa approved "
                      case created - August 1 as admin processing
                      still i see the same date and same status and its been 1 month 2 days since ..

Comment

• Admin processing

Hi,

This is my timeline

August 20, 2018 - Dropped my passport as I was eligible for Dropbox
                        August 27, 2018 - Status changed to Administrative Processing (CEAC)
                        August 28, 2018 - Passport ready to pick up
                        August 29, 2018 - Picked up the passport to find 221g (fingerprint + interview)
                        August 30, 2018 - Gave the fingerprints and the interview and VO said approved
                        August 30, 2018 - Status Still Administrative processing but Case Last Updated was August 30, 2018
                        September 5, 2018 - Status Still Administrative processing but Case Last Updated is Now September 5, 2018

Can anyone share their experience? I am currently scheduled to fly today and have given up any hope on that. I intend to wait until 4 pm but don't expect anything to really change. I want to know when I can schedule my return ticket based on other's experience. Thanks.

Comment

• Does anyone got approved with 75K to 80K Salary recently?

Comment

• H1B approved after 221g but still in admin processing

I got 221g on May 17, 2018. I was asked to appear for the re-interview on 19th September and interview went well. Officer said that he is approving the visa. He asked me for my passports and its been more than 2 week since then I have no update. Status is still in admin processing. This is so frustrating. Did anyone have any similar experience. How long does it take to get the passport back.

Comment

• Administrative processing

Hey guys,

I wanted to share my interview details,

Interview date- Nov 5, 2018 at New Delhi for the first H1b stamping (F1 to H1)
                              VO said visa approved without any 221G slips
                              Case created- Nov 5, 2018
                              First update- Nov 8, 2018
                              It says administrative processing since then without any update.

Any one in the same boat waiting for their passport?

Comment

• Administrative processing

Originally posted by fulltime_221g View Post
                                I got 221g on May 17, 2018. I was asked to appear for the re-interview on 19th September and interview went well. Officer said that he is approving the visa. He asked me for my passports and its been more than 2 week since then I have no update. Status is still in admin processing. This is so frustrating. Did anyone have any similar experience. How long does it take to get the passport back.
                                Any update on your case?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X