H1B Visa Approved but online status shows Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in Administrative Processing
    inteview: 11th March (H4 Visa, no 221g or email for additional document)
    last updated date: 11 th March
    Consulate : New Delhi

Anyone else who is waiting for Passport after interview.
    ? Please share your experience how many days approximately it took to change status to Issued.

Comment

• I am on the same boat. I attended interview on Feb 28 (Hyderabad). VO says visa is approved. But CEAC shows Refused. No slip was given during interview. Emailed them 2 weeks ago but no response from them yet.

Interview date: 28 Feb (Hyderabad)

Case last updated: 28 Feb.

category: H1

Comment

• No update in my status today as well.. still AP.

last update date is same as interview date : 11th March 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luck2018 View Post

Any update?
          No update on my case. Administrative processing since late January.

Comment

• Day 59 and counting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luck2018 View Post

Did you get 221g ?
              Yes, they also asked to reply to a questionnaire which I replied, but no updates since then.

Comment

• Still in AP... interview on11th March 2019 in New Delhi.

Comment

• hi

I attended interview on 26th mar and vo told visa is approved. today I checked status and it is showing administrative processing. I have ticket to return in one week. is it normal or I need to worry about travel.i am panic as my family is in USA

Comment

• Still in Refused state. Interview on February 28 2019 Hyderabad

Comment

• Originally posted by ManiMishra View Post
                      Hello -

Did anyone get a generic yellow letter (attached) saying the visa application needs time for extra admin processing due to SEVIS history? How long did it take for you to get the stamped passport back?

During my interview the VO said visa is approved and it would take 2-3 days extra to get the passport beyond the regular wait time of 3-5 business days (LOL). It's been 20 days since my interview and no news yet.

When I inquired at the email address given in the letter - I got a generic response of "Administrative Processing" and please wait .. and check the ceac visa tracking website blah blah

On emailing this address for New Delhi Consulate [email protected] I got the following unhelpful response :-

Thank you for the email inquiry. Your application is refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. After administrative processing is complete, the application will be reconsidered. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review. In general, most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview; however, timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.

The Department of State is continuously working to expedite visas. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as your case is processed to conclusion. You can also check the status of your visa online at: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
                      Anyone in the same situation?

Comment

• ManiMishra- This is standard reply when one send e-mail to [email protected]

Comment

• 19th day, H4 still in Administrative Processing. Appeared for interview on 11th March 2019 in New Delhi. With in a week got H1 passport but not sure why H4 in Administrative Processing.

interview went well, No slip given after interview or email received after that for additional document.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckhere View Post

Mine is at the consulate in Dubai. There is a general email for status inquiries on their website. The US consulate Delhi website will probably have an email address listed that you can send an email to. Good luck
                            Any update on your case?

Comment

• Luck2018 this is so grossly unfair. I had an RFE on my petition as well resulting in my h1b petition being approved 9 months after it was filed.

How do you even fight against American redtape!

Comment

• My case also approved in Jan 2019 and I appeared for interview on 11th March , visa approved and received passport but my wife

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X