Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archermaan View Post

Any update on your case?
    No, still no updates. Last week I had my Senator's office submit and inquiry. The consulate just responded to the Senator's office saying my case is undergoing congressionally mandated administrative processing and they will email me once done.

This is my timeline:

Dec 6th, 2018 - Interview, visa approved, was told I'll get passport back in 3 - 5 days. They gave a slip saying visa approved.
    Dec 12th, 2018 - Case updated to Administrative Processing.
    Dec 12th - Feb 21st - I was following up with the consulate, getting the same generic responses.
    Feb 21st, 2019 - Employer sent an email to the consulate asking for an update
    March 21st, 2019 - Senator's office send an email to the consulate asking for an update

At this point most likely it's some security/background check they are doing, since they have not asked me for any documents or information. I've asked multiple times if I need to send anything and they say no. Also, most likely during Christmas and government shutdown they were not actually doing any work. Bottom line, no one know why this is happening or how long it may take.

I can't think of anything more to do now that I've gone through the Senator's office too. If anyone here has any suggestions please let me know. Good luck to us all

Comment

• I had my H-1B interview on 26th of March at Delhi consulate. The visa officer verbally approved my visa and no sheets were given to me. However when I check the DS-160 status online
      @ https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx, it shows up as "Application Received" and the date of the update is 25th March, the day of my OFC appointment. The status hasn't changed since, it has been 4 business days. Is there something to worry about? Usually when I went for stamping, the status changed to admin processing for a day and then Issued (I had F-1 previously). This is the first time I am seeing this status. I would really appreciate any input on this matter.

Comment

• H1B visa approved but passport was damaged

I attended H1B visa with family on 4th March 2019 at New Delhi. VO said its approved but since my passport was damaged little bit, he asked me get a new passport and submit it at nearest VAC. He gave me 221g yellow slip. I got the new passport and submitted on 28th March 2019 to New Delhi VAC. Case last updated on 29th March 2019 and 1st April 2019, but the status is still Administrative processing.

Visa interview date: 4th March 2019
        New Passport submitted: 28th March 2019
        Case Last Updated: 29th March 2019 (1st update)
        Case Last Updated: 1st April 2019 (2nd Update)
        Current status: Administrative Processing

I wrote an enquiry email to [email protected] on 28th March itself and they responded on 29th March with generic AP email. Can the first update be due to this?

Does anybody have any experience on how many more days will it take? I have alrrady rescheduled my tickets once and worried I have to do it again by taking a random guess on date.

Comment

• Status changed to Application Received.

Interview date: 28 Feb (Hyderabad)

1st update : 28 March 2019
          2nd update : 29 March 2019
          Case last updated: 1st April 2019

category: H1

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckhere View Post
            Same here, still waiting. Have you tried anything besides mailing the consulate to ask for a status update?
            My employer attorney tried contacting the consulate on my case, but they got the same reply as we get on the email. So tough luck. More wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckhere View Post

No, still no updates. Last week I had my Senator's office submit and inquiry. The consulate just responded to the Senator's office saying my case is undergoing congressionally mandated administrative processing and they will email me once done.

This is my timeline:

Dec 6th, 2018 - Interview, visa approved, was told I'll get passport back in 3 - 5 days. They gave a slip saying visa approved.
              Dec 12th, 2018 - Case updated to Administrative Processing.
              Dec 12th - Feb 21st - I was following up with the consulate, getting the same generic responses.
              Feb 21st, 2019 - Employer sent an email to the consulate asking for an update
              March 21st, 2019 - Senator's office send an email to the consulate asking for an update

At this point most likely it's some security/background check they are doing, since they have not asked me for any documents or information. I've asked multiple times if I need to send anything and they say no. Also, most likely during Christmas and government shutdown they were not actually doing any work. Bottom line, no one know why this is happening or how long it may take.

I can't think of anything more to do now that I've gone through the Senator's office too. If anyone here has any suggestions please let me know. Good luck to us all
              I called the delhi customer care number but they see the same status as we do on ceac website. This is beyond comprehension, there has been no information from their side and its more than 62 days.

Comment

• Interview date: March 4, Passport submitted, no 221g issued, VO said approved and it'd take 7-10 working days. No follow up questions.
                On emailing or calling their call center I was told its under 221g admin processing.

No updates since then. CEAC hasn't been updated for my case since interview date.

Comment

• stuckhere Any updates on your case yet?

Comment

• ManiMishra No updates. Still Admin Processing, case last updated 12th December 2018

Comment

• Status changed from Application Received to Administrative Processing.
                      Earlier it was as follows
                      Refused to Administrative Processing (1 Month)
                      Administrative Processing to Application Received (2 days)
                      Application Received to Administrative Processing ( today)

any idea whats going on?

Comment

• krishnababi3 Thats good news. Means things are moving at the back end and your application isnt in a box forgotten somewhere.

Comment

• Wrote to the consulate yesterday since it's been more than 4 months since my interview on 6th December where they approved the visa but then froze it in this administrative processing nightmare. Till now I'd been receiving the generic response from them but this time they just pointed me to their website and said we will not respond to your email if your question has been answered on our website or it's been less than 160 days since your application. So just keep on waiting.

Just curious but how are people managing with rent, car, etc payments? Putting people through this who were already working in the US and who have already gone through a USCIS approval process is such a weird policy

Comment

• Originally posted by cantstopspring View Post
                            I had my H-1B interview on 26th of March at Delhi consulate. The visa officer verbally approved my visa and no sheets were given to me. However when I check the DS-160 status online
                            @ https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx, it shows up as "Application Received" and the date of the update is 25th March, the day of my OFC appointment. The status hasn't changed since, it has been 4 business days. Is there something to worry about? Usually when I went for stamping, the status changed to admin processing for a day and then Issued (I had F-1 previously). This is the first time I am seeing this status. I would really appreciate any input on this matter.
                            Status changed to Admin Processing on 5th April and hasn't changed since, Here is my timeline for my application -:

25th march: Application Received
                            5th April: Admin Processing

not sure what is the hold up.

Comment

• ManiMishra any updates on your case?

Comment

• Actually yes, tiny update.

Right now CEAC visa tracker says Case last updated: 12th April (before it showed my interview date of 4th March)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X