Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by priyankaa589 View Post
    Hello,

Appeared on Dec 14 for interview at New Delhi, visa application approved and no slips given and no documents have been asked for. I had to cancel flights, train bookings and under a lot of pressure from work Any idea what's the longest it can take and if there is anything I should be doing at my end other than checking status? Pleas guide.
    Please join

Comment

• 135 days and counting...

It has been 135 days in AP and counting.
      "Case Last Updated" date has never changed since the visa interview, it is same as "Case Created" date. Does this mean they didn't even start processing our application yet?
      We keep calling the embassy and NVC, sending emails to the embassy regularly with no success. We keep receiving the same canned response. It's frustrating :/

Comment

• L2 visa approved after Administrative Processing

Hi everyone, i would like to share my experience with you all regarding Administrative Processing.

I had an interview in new delhi US embassy on 30 Nov 2017 for Non Immigrant Visa and my application was Approved by VO and no slip was given to me. it was told to me , I will soon be receiving my passport. However, my case on CEAC immediately went to Administrative Processing (my husband had the interview on same day L1 , received passport in 3 days).

Around 13 dec 2017 , status on cgi federal changed to "Document Delivery Information:" shown as blank.

I enquire on helpline and also sent a couple to emails to embassy, i reveived the same response, "Embassy will contact me for any information, if needed. I need to wait for the processing to complete. The processing will take its time and it cannot be expedited".

On 18th Jan 2018 (Thursday), around 3 in afternoon , my status on CEAC changed to Application Received" (your case is open and ready for interview, fingerprints and required dicuments, if already had interview check back in 2 business days).

On 22 jan 2018 (Monday) status changed to AP (around 3 in afternoon), the very next day...

On 23 jan 2018 status changed to Issued (around 3 in afternoon).
        ... while on cgi federal it still displayed "Document Delivery Information" as blank. Checked with helpline, they said statuses on cgi federal are delayed sometimes, its better to check your email or phone for SMS notification and also keep tracking your passport status via email or passport tracker

Today morning, i.e. 25 jan 2018 displayed on cgi federal that my passport is ready for pick up. Got it collected today, happy! 😊

I wish for people , who have their cases struck in Administrative Processing gets approved soon. I understand its hard to keep patience , it was so hard for me to count each minute and thinking to the final decision literally made a cry. But in 60 days, i got to hear back from embassy.

Best of luck to all

Comment

• Originally posted by RS_waiting View Post
          Hi everyone, i would like to share my experience with you all regarding Administrative Processing.

I had an interview in new delhi US embassy on 30 Nov 2017 for Non Immigrant Visa and my application was Approved by VO and no slip was given to me. it was told to me , I will soon be receiving my passport. However, my case on CEAC immediately went to Administrative Processing (my husband had the interview on same day L1 , received passport in 3 days).

Around 13 dec 2017 , status on cgi federal changed to "Document Delivery Information:" shown as blank.

I enquire on helpline and also sent a couple to emails to embassy, i reveived the same response, "Embassy will contact me for any information, if needed. I need to wait for the processing to complete. The processing will take its time and it cannot be expedited".

On 18th Jan 2018 (Thursday), around 3 in afternoon , my status on CEAC changed to Application Received" (your case is open and ready for interview, fingerprints and required dicuments, if already had interview check back in 2 business days).

On 22 jan 2018 (Monday) status changed to AP (around 3 in afternoon), the very next day...

On 23 jan 2018 status changed to Issued (around 3 in afternoon).
          ... while on cgi federal it still displayed "Document Delivery Information" as blank. Checked with helpline, they said statuses on cgi federal are delayed sometimes, its better to check your email or phone for SMS notification and also keep tracking your passport status via email or passport tracker

Today morning, i.e. 25 jan 2018 displayed on cgi federal that my passport is ready for pick up. Got it collected today, happy! 😊

I wish for people , who have their cases struck in Administrative Processing gets approved soon. I understand its hard to keep patience , it was so hard for me to count each minute and thinking to the final decision literally made a cry. But in 60 days, i got to hear back from embassy.

Best of luck to all

Thanks so much for the update, and congrats!! Good to hear some uplifting information!

Comment

• H1b approved in US... stamping

My sons H1b approved in USA.. 2nd stamping.. works as associate scientist.. MS done.. interview in Chennai counsalate on jan 4.. still in processing... any idea over it?.. is there any risk in it? 62k..

Comment

• 43 days still waiting

Interview date - Dec 18, Delhi
              F1 to H1
              Still in AP.

Comment

• Approved at the window, still in AP

Hi,

I also appeared in Delhi consulate on Dec 18. VO approved at the window and said, I will be contacted in 7 days. Its 7th week now . No signs of contact. Hoping to get the status change this week. All the best to everyone waiting.

Cheers

Comment

• H1B Approved by VO, but status shows Administrative Processing

Hi,

I have attended for in person interview to renew my H1-B at US Consulate, Chennai on 25th Jan 2018. VO told, Congratulations, your VISA is approved and you should receive your passport in 3 to 4 business days. I was not given any 221(g) or any other form. I am living in USA for last 7 years. I am with the same company and I have H1-B VISA stamping done by US Consulate in Chennai during 2011 and 2014 for the same company.

When I checked status online after couple of days of my interview at CEAC, the status showed that, my case is under Administrative Processing and the case last updated was 25th Jan 2018 (Same date as my interview date). Since then, the status has not changed.

Phone numbers given in website are giving automatic messages. I have sent emails support-india and got responses very promptly with the standard answer as your case is under AP. When I searched entire website, their FAQ etc., it says, in case of administrative processing, please follow the instructions given in 221(g). But, I was not given any such form.

I will keep posted, if I get any further updates. Any additional guidance would be great help and much appreciated.

Regards

Comment

• More than 60 days

H1-B extension.
                    Working as FTE for same company (One of the top 10 in USA) for the last 10 years.
                    VFS appointment date for fingerprints: December 5th 2017
                    Visa appointment at consulate: December 8th 2017
                    Consulate location: Hyderabad, India
                    Visa officer asked 4 simple questions like title, how long working for the company, salary, qualification. Answered the same. Officer said "Safe travels", returned my I-797 and kept the passport with them. I assumed it meant visa approved. No slip was given.
                    Status on CEAC visa tracker showing "administrative processing/application received" since then.
                    Already 60 days now and still waiting.

December 7th: Case Created
                    December 23rd: Changed from "administrative processing" to "application received".
                    December 26th: Changed from "application received" to "administrative processing".
                    January 19th: Changed from "administrative processing" to "application received".
                    No updates after that.

Anyone else in similar situation with interview dates of November/December last year? Please share if you are still waiting or visa approved when details.

Comment

• Originally posted by h1binap View Post
                      Hi,

I also appeared in Delhi consulate on Dec 18. VO approved at the window and said, I will be contacted in 7 days. Its 7th week now . No signs of contact. Hoping to get the status change this week. All the best to everyone waiting.

Cheers
                      Is yours approved now?

Comment

• Originally posted by tensedp View Post
                        Interview date - Dec 18, Delhi
                        F1 to H1
                        Still in AP.
                        Please update if yours is approved now.

Comment

• Originally posted by priyankaa589 View Post
                          Hello,

Appeared on Dec 14 for interview at New Delhi, visa application approved and no slips given and no documents have been asked for. I had to cancel flights, train bookings and under a lot of pressure from work Any idea what's the longest it can take and if there is anything I should be doing at my end other than checking status? Pleas guide.
                          Is yours approved now?

Comment

• ds 260 in administrative processing

Hi Guys,

can someone help me to understand what is going or anyone had experience the same outcome.

i flied for my husband i am a us citizen his interview was January 17th i went with him the interview is in kingston jamaica

we have all documents in including his passport the embassy has that they told us to sign up for an courier service which would be DHL

i checked today which is February 9th an it still says Administrative processing and the last update was January 31st.

anyone can shed some light on this processing might mean please.

Comment

• My status administrative processing as well

Ok. Similar situation as many of you. Officer said visa approved but online shows "administrative processing". Interview was in Hyderabad, India. I came here on vacation. All previous stamping had no issues. So I do not understand what is different now? Nothing really changed since the last successful stamping. Same company, same title. Anyone knows how long the wait is going to be? Very frustrating.

Comment

• Same boat as you h1visawait

Hello,
                                I am in the same situation. Do not understand why this is going on. What is your company doing regarding this? Are there any escalation procedures?

Originally posted by h1visawait View Post
                                H1-B extension.
                                Working as FTE for same company (One of the top 10 in USA) for the last 10 years.
                                VFS appointment date for fingerprints: December 5th 2017
                                Visa appointment at consulate: December 8th 2017
                                Consulate location: Hyderabad, India
                                Visa officer asked 4 simple questions like title, how long working for the company, salary, qualification. Answered the same. Officer said "Safe travels", returned my I-797 and kept the passport with them. I assumed it meant visa approved. No slip was given.
                                Status on CEAC visa tracker showing "administrative processing/application received" since then.
                                Already 60 days now and still waiting.

December 7th: Case Created
                                December 23rd: Changed from "administrative processing" to "application received".
                                December 26th: Changed from "application received" to "administrative processing".
                                January 19th: Changed from "administrative processing" to "application received".
                                No updates after that.

Anyone else in similar situation with interview dates of November/December last year? Please share if you are still waiting or visa approved when details.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X