H1b amendment approved but extension of stay denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b amendment approved but extension of stay denied

My employer filed amendment for new client which got approved but extension of stay is denied dated 14 Feb 2017(got i797B without i94). I have visa approved till Dec 2017(same employer as part of first petition.). The officer asked to get a new visa stamped. The reason for extension denial is that the offer mentioned I didn't work at the specified client work location earlier, I had actually worked from my employer's office instead of client's office as in the first h1b petition we provided two work locations. Looks like the officer has overlooked the two work locations that were approved as part of my earlier petition and stated that I didn't maintain the status for that period and hence I am out of status.

I have read in some forums that people have tried the option of just re-entering US and get a new i-94 at the port of entry. Would that suffice in my case as I still have visa valid till Dec 2017.

Note: There is no change of employer here. My current i-94 shows 'Admit till 10 Jan 2018'. Please advice.

Originally posted by kkreddy123 View Post
    My employer filed amendment for new client which got approved but extension of stay is denied dated 14 Feb 2017(got i797B without i94). I have visa approved till Dec 2017(same employer as part of first petition.). The officer asked to get a new visa stamped. The reason for extension denial is that the offer mentioned I didn't work at the specified client work location earlier, I had actually worked from my employer's office instead of client's office as in the first h1b petition we provided two work locations. Looks like the officer has overlooked the two work locations that were approved as part of my earlier petition and stated that I didn't maintain the status for that period and hence I am out of status.

I have read in some forums that people have tried the option of just re-entering US and get a new i-94 at the port of entry. Would that suffice in my case as I still have visa valid till Dec 2017.

Note: There is no change of employer here. My current i-94 shows 'Admit till 10 Jan 2018'. Please advice.

Some USCIS employees are retarded. You can appeal the decision or you can let them get away with it and go get your visa overseas. You should be able to call the NVC and get you an interview anywhere in the world. take a quick vacation to canada or mexico
    This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Currently i was in the same situation.
      can you tell me what you have done in this situation.

Thanks in Advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X