X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B Visa in Administrative Processing

Hi Everyone,

Posting this on my wife's behalf.

She had a dropbox appointment at Mumbai Visa consulate for h1 visa extension. It was for different company than last time. And she had changed 2 companies since she was last stamped.

Below is her case progress so far.

1 May 2017 : Case opened.
    2 May 2017: Case ready
    5 May 2017: Administrative Processing
    9 May 2017: Administrative Processing

Is this an issue to have case in Administrative Processing for such a long time? When I did my dropbox application for my visa extension, I received my passport in 2 days (in November 2016). This seems to be taking long time this time. And hence I am concerned.

Does anyone else having such a long delay in Administrative Processing step, receive visa and passport? Or is it a sure sign of 221 g?

Any information/advice in this regard is highly appreciated.

Originally posted by golupolu View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Posting this on my wife's behalf.

She had a dropbox appointment at Mumbai Visa consulate for h1 visa extension. It was for different company than last time. And she had changed 2 companies since she was last stamped.

Below is her case progress so far.

1 May 2017 : Case opened.
    2 May 2017: Case ready
    5 May 2017: Administrative Processing
    9 May 2017: Administrative Processing

Is this an issue to have case in Administrative Processing for such a long time? When I did my dropbox application for my visa extension, I received my passport in 2 days (in November 2016). This seems to be taking long time this time. And hence I am concerned.

Does anyone else having such a long delay in Administrative Processing step, receive visa and passport? Or is it a sure sign of 221 g?

Any information/advice in this regard is highly appreciated.
    Update its been 2 more days and the case is still in administrative processing state. Can anyone please share me their opinion or experience?

Comment

H1B Extension

Update its been 2 more days and the case is still in administrative processing state. Can anyone please share me their opinion or experience?
      Hello,

I am going through the same situation.

Need more info on what Administrative Processing means.

My timeline is also similar to yours.

Comment

Can someone please help?

Comment

Last Month I had the same experience. My Dropbox Submission location is Hyderabad.

My Kids got the Visa, but me and my wife Visa status is not changed for 10 days.The delay is due to FingerPrints issue and it due to system glitch. On 11th Day, we got the call from consulate for Fingerprints.
          We have support number and email id and you can send the mail to them.
          I have shared the details in http://www.immihelp.com/experience/1...tml#div_152712

Comment

Originally posted by Sreesh View Post
            Last Month I had the same experience. My Dropbox Submission location is Hyderabad.

My Kids got the Visa, but me and my wife Visa status is not changed for 10 days.The delay is due to FingerPrints issue and it due to system glitch. On 11th Day, we got the call from consulate for Fingerprints.
            We have support number and email id and you can send the mail to them.
            I have shared the details in http://www.immihelp.com/experience/1...tml#div_152712
            Thanks Sreesh.
            Thats very helpful.

I couldn't see the email id and the phone of the customer care in your post that you referred.

If it's possible, could you share me the customer care number and email id please?

Comment

Below link has the Contact details:

email: [email protected].
              Phone:+91 40 46258222.

Thanks Sreesh.
              Thats very helpful.

I couldn't see the email id and the phone of the customer care in your post that you referred.

If it's possible, could you share me the customer care number and email id please?

Comment

Dropbox application can take 2-4 weeks,depending on the load. You will be notified if it goes into 221 (g). Can the embassy after 2 weeks and ask for update. They would let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

If it goes in 221(g), which is unlikely, you will be notified to answer the set of questions to process the 221 (g)

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I got very standard reply to email from consulate asking me to check status at ceac site and how to collect passport at pick up location based on my preferences.

They said my passport is at embassy and my case is under processing (which I know already).

Further, calling on phone led to automatic answering machine. Did you guys get to talk with representatives?

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I got very standard reply to email from consulate asking me to check status at ceac site and how to collect passport at pick up location based on my preferences.

They said my passport is at embassy and my case is under processing (which I know already).

Further, calling on phone led to automatic answering machine. Did you guys get to talk with representatives?
                    I am also in the same boat. I appeared for h4 interview on may 1st and till now my case is in admin processing..I guess CEAC site gets updated every 3 days.

Comment

When was your status updated?

Originally posted by virtish View Post
                      I am also in the same boat. I appeared for h4 interview on may 1st and till now my case is in admin processing..I guess CEAC site gets updated every 3 days.

Comment

Sailing in same boat

Had same experience. Did my Drop-box on 2nd May but passport returned in same week with a letter asking to appear for Personal Interview and Finger-printing. Went for Interview on 12th May and they asked regress questions, then gave me White slip to have me submit Client Letter and other documents. Did that as well on 22nd May and till now no status update except Administrative Processing and Document Delivery Information.

Researched on google and found out from a friends and colleagues as well, this is happening with every single H1-B holder who left the US port and came to India for stamping or renewal. It appears that this is due to Donald Trump's remarks over H1-B Visa holders. People in US Embassy just hold the flag up to Administrative Processing so that they can do intense scrutiny.

This is really time taking process and would definitely frustrate the person who stuck into it. But no one can do anything except waiting patiently.

Good part is that, most people get successful through this process after certain waiting time.

I can share this now based on my experience and studying different cases on various forums plus cases with people within my circle.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X