Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status from H4 to F1 visa

Hi everyone,

I am currently on H4 visa which expires on Nov 18th, 2017. I applied for change of status from H4 to F1 (I-539) back in August 4 2017. I am currently attending university as a full time junior. I checked the Vermont Service Center visa processing times and they are currently processing cases from Feb 2017.

1. Can I stay in the US after Nov 18th while the change of status is pending?
    2. For how long can I stay in the US after Nov 18th?
    2. After Nov 18th- Can I continue to attend college and finish my semester? (H4 will be expired and change of status to F1 will be pending)
    3. Can I continue continue in the spring semester starting jan 2018 while the change of status is pending?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you so much.

Did you get the status changed to f1??i am on the same boat as you’re.my i94 is expiring on June 30.my application was received on 11jan at Vermont service center

Comment

H4 to F1 Visa delay

Any updates ? I applied on July 3 in Vermont center and still pending, says received
      Can anyone help

Comment

You may not see an update before 8 months from received date.
        We have to keep waiting...

Comment

Change of H4 to F1 status - Full process

Hey Everyone,

I got a seat in a University for Masters and obtained an i20 in August 2017.
          I applied for COS through an i539 form in October 2017, all by myself. The receipt notice had the received date as 30th October 2017.
          I was hoping to get the F1 in about 90 days, I thought it was sufficient time as my H4 and H4 EAD were expiring in April 2018.

As of November 30th 2017, the processing date for CSC was 15th September 2018. The USCIS processing times did not get updated until Feb 15th 2018 after that. As of December 31st 2017, the processing date was October 7th. My estimation was that I will get my visa approved by February end, so I was checking my USCIS status everyday beginning February 1st 2018. I signed up for message and email notification. Unfortunately, only one status was being displayed "Application Received".

I received the approval notice on March 6th 2018 in the mail. My approval date was February 27th 2018. It took 120 days for me to change status to F1.

I was very concerned by the end of Feb. I was onto my Plan B, C, D... Thankfully I didn't have to go ahead with any of the other plans. Please make sure to apply for COS as soon as possible. Do not rely on the 90 days processing rule. Give your application ample amount of time to process. Out of my personal experience, I felt like I should have applied for COS much before October end, maybe just after I received the i20 from the university.

I hope this info helps someone with their timelines. Good luck! All the best.

Thank you.

Comment

I applied on August 3 2017 in Vermont center and still pending, says received.

It's been 8 months now. anyone received any decision?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X