H1B Transfer while H1B extension in Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer while H1B extension in Progress

I am currently working with an Employer A on H1-B Visa on a Perm Full Time position and my H1-B expired on 31st Jan 2018.
    My Company A already started H1-B Extension. Currently Extension in progress.

Currently, I am also looking for new job opportunities and if I get a new job, my next Employer B will have to transfer my H1-B to them.

I would like to know ,

1) Can Employer B transfer H1B on expired H1B with Company A(Extension in Progress).
    2) Just FYI : Cannot convert the extension with COmpmany A into Premium because COmpany A told will not responsd incase of RFE.
    3) If H1 transfer possible, then Is it related to Company A extension in Progress. in other words can it impact the H1B transfer??
    4) If H1B transfer is not possible then what are the option as Company A asking for sepration.
    5) If H1B transfer is not possible, and we will change the status to H4, after 2 months if will get a job then is it possible to change the status from H4 to H1?

This is called a bridge petition.

From the day your i94 expired for company A, the only thing which is authorizing your stay and status in USA is the extension application filed by A.
    So When company B filed for your transfer, its basically dependent on the pending extension application(called as the bridge) as a justification of your current status. Now obviously if you join B (which you have to do on receipt basis, since B filing a transfer in premium will result in RFE since the bridge(A' extension application) is still pending), A will withdraw their extension application which will result in B's transfer petition getting rejected or approved with a CP for which you have exit and renter usa with stamping.

Comment

Gaurav, how did it go? Please share your experience for the benefit of others. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X