Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name interchanged in h1b approval notice

Hi All,

Last week I have received my h1b approval documents, but when I checked it I found out that the last name and first name was swapped in the documents. My attorney has raised a service request to change the name and get a new approval. Do you guys have any idea on how much time does it take to get a response from the USCIS? Do they respond to queries like this?

Please advise.

Anyone in this forum faced an issue like this before? Please share your comments on this issue.

Comment

There was a mistake in my name on one my approvals in the past. first name has 2 words. But, they put the second word as my middle name. My employer sent a request through attorney right away and I received updated electronic approval in less than 1 week. But, because of another issue related to SSN, my employer had reached out to the local congress man to help expedite and his office was pushing the case. So, that may have also resulted in a quick turn around for name change.

Comment

Originally posted by ppuriggappa View Post
        There was a mistake in my name on one my approvals in the past. first name has 2 words. But, they put the second word as my middle name. My employer sent a request through attorney right away and I received updated electronic approval in less than 1 week. But, because of another issue related to SSN, my employer had reached out to the local congress man to help expedite and his office was pushing the case. So, that may have also resulted in a quick turn around for name change.
        Thanks for the response @ppuriggappa. But in my case its been 1 month now and no response from USCIS.

Comment

Carefully read through the entire approval notice to confirm the specific details and identify any discrepancies or name interchanges.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X