X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations!!!

Originally posted by ShMW View Post
    Hi Felix, Anmol, Chris, gtalk, and others,

I received the email on Feb 12th from the consulate requesting to submit my passport. I reached India on Feb 11th and it had to come the day after! Anyway, I am coming back to Ottawa on Friday (feb 22nd) and plan to submit the docs the same day.

I've a couple of quick questions for you guys based on the first two points in the 'Courier-In Certificate' instructions:

Instructions:
    1. Gather all the required Visa Application supporting documents.
    a. First time applicants refer to your appointment instructions for a list of required
    documents.
    b. Applicants who have received a 221g letter, please refer to the list of documents
    requested by the consulate.
    2. Travel to one of our authorized courier locations.

For the first point, what documents did you guys send in the courier along with the passport? seems like passport and 221 g is enough but it also mentions that for first time applicants, we need to send the list of docs mentioned in the appointment letter (DS160, Instructions page, I-797 etc).

For the second point, how did you find an authorized CPC center? I couldn't find one in the emails. Did any of you try sending it through Canadian Post?

Thanks
    Shounak
    Man, first up, congratulations! I was checking this thread almost everyday.

On your questions.
    1. You are 1b (221 g applicant). Your documents basically are your passport and Page 1 and 3 of that pdf attachment which has bar codes. Page 2 is the instruction for the Canada Post clerk to generate a return label. You will also have to print the email. You get three emails and one of them says "Please send this along with your passport" or something like that.
    2. Authorized courier locations is basically Canada Post locations. You can find them here

Or, you can go to the post office at 58 Sparks St. There's literally no one at that post office if you go at 9-9.30 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ShMW View Post
      Hi Felix, Anmol, Chris, gtalk, and others,

I received the email on Feb 12th from the consulate requesting to submit my passport. I reached India on Feb 11th and it had to come the day after! Anyway, I am coming back to Ottawa on Friday (feb 22nd) and plan to submit the docs the same day.

I've a couple of quick questions for you guys based on the first two points in the 'Courier-In Certificate' instructions:

Instructions:
      1. Gather all the required Visa Application supporting documents.
      a. First time applicants refer to your appointment instructions for a list of required
      documents.
      b. Applicants who have received a 221g letter, please refer to the list of documents
      requested by the consulate.
      2. Travel to one of our authorized courier locations.

For the first point, what documents did you guys send in the courier along with the passport? seems like passport and 221 g is enough but it also mentions that for first time applicants, we need to send the list of docs mentioned in the appointment letter (DS160, Instructions page, I-797 etc).

For the second point, how did you find an authorized CPC center? I couldn't find one in the emails. Did any of you try sending it through Canadian Post?

Thanks
      Shounak
      Congratulations Shounak! I hope that you already have your passport. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by gtalk View Post
        Man, first up, congratulations! I was checking this thread almost everyday.

On your questions.
        1. You are 1b (221 g applicant). Your documents basically are your passport and Page 1 and 3 of that pdf attachment which has bar codes. Page 2 is the instruction for the Canada Post clerk to generate a return label. You will also have to print the email. You get three emails and one of them says "Please send this along with your passport" or something like that.
        2. Authorized courier locations is basically Canada Post locations. You can find them here

Or, you can go to the post office at 58 Sparks St. There's literally no one at that post office if you go at 9-9.30 in the morning.
        Thanks gtalk for the details. Was very helpful .

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anmolwrites View Post
        Congratulations Shounak! I hope that you already have your passport. Good luck!
        Thanks Anmol! I submitted my passport on Friday (2/22). Hope to get it back soon .

Comment

Hi,
          My wife went for h4 stamping yesterday in ottawa and got a 221g yellow slip. She is thinking to fly to India and stay over there till her admin processing gets done.Can you please let me know how much time would the consulate give to submit the passport after they request the passport. We were wondering if the passport can be sent via fedex to canada and someone can pick up the passport to ship it back in india

Comment

Hi Karthick,

I have attend the Interview on 23rd oct’19 for h1 b stamping in Mumbai , the VO gave me yellow slip for client verification such no update till now, did you receive any update on your case ?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X