221G+VFSDropBox+AAP+VisaIssued+Rejected+Timetaken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my details for 221G

Interview on July 12 (asked for docs from employer)
    Dropped off the docs on Aug 7
    Asked about the status on Sept 18th and they say the below
    Your case is still under administrative process. We will contact you once it is completed.

Comment

GIVEN 221(g) blue, asked for more doc's from petitioner

Hello forum,

I just gave my interview today(sep 20).According to me the interview went fine, however VO asked for more documents from petitioner, he gave back my passport and also stiked out the line passport on the 221(g) form.

He said " I know you got some of the documents on this list, however, it is always better to submit them all again, you need to put your passport and submit all the ticked documents(he ticked all) at one of the VFS centres".

I informed my employer and they said they will send all the documents, waiting for them.

Will keep you all posted about the procedings, if any ?

Comment

issued 221G

Hi all,
        I appeared on sep 20th and asked for more documents. He did not asked to drop PP along with letters. my id is [email protected].

Regards
        Sreenivas

Comment

update to my 221 G

Today on Sept 21
          Got a phone call from consulate asking us to send the passport , at first they said 2, we then asked 2 or 3(for my son) and then they said 3.

when asked, if this means we got visa, they said yes.

How to know for sure that this phone call came from consulate as they called the spouse and not the H1 candidate !!.
          it seems odd to me any thoughts on these situation ??

Originally posted by jasg
          Interview on July 12 (asked for docs from employer)
          Dropped off the docs on Aug 7
          Asked about the status on Sept 18th and they say the below

Comment

Hi Raj,

Thanks for posting details.

My case sent to USCIS for AAP. When i do online inquiry , i see

"Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On June ZZZ,2007, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it."

Does it means state dept already reviewed case and send back to USCIS ?
            Can you please let me know which step iam in , according to your posted document for 221 (g) ?

Originally posted by raaj_blr
            Hi Dil0110

Thanks for posting 221g blue handout.I m also in the same boat.

Interview Date-1st March
            Query-221G Blue for additional docs.
            Submitted Docs thru VFS Blore drop box on May 25th
            Updates--Called Consulate 3th Sep and was told that case is still under review

Can i have ur mail ID / send mail to [email protected] for more discussion.

regads
            Rajesh

Comment

Hi Raj,

Thanks for posting details.

My case sent to USCIS for AAP. When i do online inquiry , i see

"Current Status: This case has been received from the State Department with a request we review it.

On June ZZZ,2007, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it."

Does it means state dept already reviewed case and send back to USCIS ?
              Can you please let me kno which step iam in , according to your posted document ?

Originally posted by dil0110
              I went through most of the questions/experiences/replies and found that people aren't posting their experiences after getting VISAS. They only try to adress the forum only when they are in issues.

I wanted to start this thread for only candidates who got 221G with the starting date and Ending date of their query.

Lemme start off with me and make it simple

Interview Date-24th Aug
              Query-221G Blue written need time to take decision and review the docs
              Updates--Called Consulate 10th Sep and was told that case is still under review

Hope People with 221G will start posting their experiences at one place which will make our search simpler.

Thanks
              Deep

Comment

Visa approved after 221(g)

I attended H1 Visa interview in Chennai in June 2007.
                VO asked about project details which I was not sure (employer did not provide any details about the project).
                She marked all the 9 docs in 221(g) form and gave an option to either drop the docs in VFS or to attend in person.
                Passport was not marked in to be submitted list.

I got the docs requested in Sept (long wait).

Attended the intw again on 26th sept. VO checked all the docs and asked some 15 questions. End of interview the VO said my H1 Visa is approved.
                Got my Passport on 27th (in vfs counter) and Visa is stamped from Oct 1st.

I was following the forum through out my 4 month wait and got very useful info. Thanks all for your msgs to me.

I may not follow this forum much anymore.
                If anyone needs some info, you can contact me in [email protected]
                If I can help, I will definitly do.

Cheers,
                vs

Comment

Congrats vinod

Have a nice and safe journey!!!!!!!!!

bye
                  RAJ

Comment

221(g) Blue 2nd time

Interview 4th week of august ---issued 221g blue asking docs from client

2nd week of sep-----Docs submitted with passport through VFS

3rd week of sep issued 221g blue again as one of the doc is not in the format what VO expexted.

First time we submitted almost 10 docs from cllient out of which 9 are OK.
                    Asked to Resubmit only that doc in the format he expected with out passport.

All the client docs in reply to first 221(g)blue , i-797 original,i-129 and LCA are with VO

Now that Doc is ready with me and i will post that in couple of days.

what r the chances of getting VISA as this time VO asked Doc without Passport

Comment

Hi Rajesh ,

Did the VO strike off the Passport on the back side of ur 221 g blue letter??

Comment

Written as DONOT SUBMIT PASSPORT on the blue form

Comment

Do not drop pp

Hi
                          For me also he stiked out the line abt dropping passport.

I am going to get the docs by this month. If all docs are ok what they will do to, as i was asked not send passport.

Thanks in advance
                          srini

Comment

how to update the change of current employer?

I got the 221 g letter on 10th of September. I am waiting for the documents from my employer from US.

In the meantime I wish to resign my current employer here in gurgaon and join another company.

In order to update the current employment details after change of current company please advice can I change the DS-156 and DS-157 form after 221g is issued ?

If so how?
                            Please suggest anyone.
                            If this cant be done so does it mean i have to postpone my change of company untill the 221g thing is over?

Comment

L1 221 (g)

Hi,

I have taken Visa interview at the Chennai consulate on 18th April 2007. My Visa has been pending for administrative processing since then. The consular officer handed over blue sheet to me with following points crossed " Your blanket L-1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2(I)(ii)(D) and INA 101(a)(15)(L)" and " You may appear for an interview with a consular office on any tuesday, wed, thu ....". And I am being given a case number to refer.

The chennai consulate site does not give status of pending case with blue sheet hand out. How and when can I expect the consulate to contact me?
                              How can I check the status? It's almost 6-months and I am losing a lot proffessionaly and personally.

Any advice on this will help me.
                              Thanks.

Comment

H1B visa issued & cancelled & issued 221g for re-interview

HI,

I have attended the H1B visa on 5th oct @ mumbai. Interview gone smooth and told ur visa approved. That day its self i have collected my Passport seen the case .. They have stamped H1B visa till 2010 and cancelled without prejudice. Given 221g form for re-interview.

My current company name is YYYY technoligies (india companmy) and H1B company name is YYYY global (US company). And i have L1 also approved in april 2007 @ chennai consulate.

Why they asked for re-interview?
                                What they may be reason?
                                what they will ask in re-interiew.

Seniors please suggest me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X