• Time
  • Show
Clear All

221 (g) at chennai consulate

hi,
    I got 221(g) blue form from chennai consulate on dec 3 2007
    was told to get Federal income tax docs of US company and
    details of In House Project
    Wondering how much time it takes for these cases.

Comment

Got 221(g) with AAP from Chennai consulate

Hi all,

Below is my experience with the Chennai US consulate

The interview went on well.I had everything the VO asked for and was precise in my responses. Finally ,he issued 221(g) saying that he needs to review my employer documents.He got my application DS 156,DS 157,I797,LCA,US Immigration services approval all the employer documents like tax returns wage reports..etc..Just gave back my passport and the 221 g form.

Interview Date: 5th Nov 2007

No idea on how long it might take, If any of you do know please let me know too.

Thanks
      Rohi

Comment

received doc's

I received all the doc's from my petitioner and I am going to submit them in next 2 days at the bangalore VFS.

Originally posted by ravithesuny2k
        Hello forum,

I just gave my interview today(sep 20).According to me the interview went fine, however VO asked for more documents from petitioner, he gave back my passport and also stiked out the line passport on the 221(g) form.

He said " I know you got some of the documents on this list, however, it is always better to submit them all again, you need to put your passport and submit all the ticked documents(he ticked all) at one of the VFS centres".

I informed my employer and they said they will send all the documents, waiting for them.

Will keep you all posted about the procedings, if any ?

Comment

Any update?

Sangeetha, any update at your end, I am anxious because we attended the interview on the same date sep20 and you had already submitted the doc's. Where as I am doing it now.
          Plz. update.

Originally posted by SangeetVasu
          Interview Date: 20th September 2007

Given 221g asking for 9 documents from petitioner and asked to submit the documents without passport

Submitted the docs on : 23rd October 2007

Called the vfs to track status:
          Case still under review

Everyone don't lose hope.
          You can be contacted next moment also

Sangeetha

Comment

221(g) - BLUE

Date attended: 9th Oct 2007
            Result: Refused under 221(g) request for additional TAX documents

Comment

221(g) with NO passport

Hi Sangeetha,
              Same request here..I also attended interivew on Sept 21st got 221(g) asking not to drop passport.
              I still not received the necessary docs from my consultant.
              Can u please update in the forum whether you got any reply after you drop the papes in VFS office in Oct.

Best Regards,
              Aruna.

Comment

senior people should suggests me

good morning,
                please senior people reply me ......
                interview date:dec 2006
                verified date:march 2007
                last reply from consulate :dec 2007..
                process:admin

in the month of dec 2006 i went to consulate for h1b,after my succesful interview the Vo told me that "after verification we will get bac to u",in march 2007 they came for verification to my current company ,they are satisfied from my company response and told us that consulate will respond u like that .after one year means yesterday ,finally i send a mail to them reg my status they replied me that "we send memorandum on ur case to USCIS wat u presented at the time of interview " .this is thing i got from them ,after one year .
                my question is
                1.is this process is also takes more than one year ?
                2.pls suggest me wat to do ?

not only senior people if any one hav idea abt this please let me know abt this..

reply me pls

thanks and regards

khasim
                Last edited by khasim; 12-06-2007, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Visa approved after AAP from Delhi consulate

Hi Guys,

This post for the people who are suffering with AAP with yellow form in delhi consulate.pleae read my exp below:

i attended at delhi consulate in mar 4th 2007 at delhi consulate, intially interview was going fine and vo said we will send ur PP by courier. after 4 days i got PP through coriour with 221(g) need necessary documents.

after i attended on mar22nd 2007 with required documents(company tax returns,photos , labla..... stuf).

this time VO asked me so many meaning less quessions like why u choose delhi cosulate instaed of chennai(because i am working in bangalore).

he scolded like u people are thinking delhi consulate issue the visas easyly like that. i was responded strongly to him at last he give yellow form and mark as need AAP. after i was asked him a question like how many days this process will take sir? he said it would take couple of weeks.( he didn't mention any case number on yellow hand out and he handovered all my original exp letters).

after a long wait nearly 9 months i got a mail from delhi cosulate like below:

[ Dear Applicant:

This is in regards to further process of your nonimmigrant visa application.

In order to process your application please submit your passport along with original I-797 (notice of approval) at window number # 5 any working day between 12:00noon to 01:00pm.

Please note that you should not post/send via courier, your passport. You may send your passport via someone and a person bringing your passport should have authority letter and photo identification.

In case of any clarification, please call us at 011-24198000-Ext- 4169/4226.

Sincerely,

NIV Unit

Consular Section

American Embassy

New Delhi, India

This email is unclassified as defined by E.O. 12958]

i went to delhi on 3rd of dec 2007 and i droped my PP and I797. that counter #5 is available in out side( intially we get some counters for verify our docs those are called as Conter # 5).

at last i got courier from VFS with stamp..... hummmmmmmmmmmmm..

according to my exp and my enquies with people who got yellow hand out from delhi:

the process will take 8months. most of the people agree with this. after 8months u will get mail like above u reach the target. if u will get the mail like pls come n collect ur originals u should dought about the cases.

i think my exp will help u people, i hope no one can't suffer like me,so all best for guys who are waiting like me....................

Comment

Received mail from consulate..plz help

Hi all,
                    I received 221(g0 blue form on 31st july 2007 for all the petitioner docs without passport.i dropped all the 9 docs without passport in vfs office on 16th august 2007.since then i was mailing to consulate.but everytime i got reply saying that it is still under processing.but today i got a reply which says like below...

Thank you for your e-mail.

Our records show that we are in the process of sending a letter to you informing our decision. You will be receiving it in a few days time. Please wait.

Can anyone tell what the above means?Is it a rejection letter that they are going to send me?what are the chances for me getting the visa...plz seniors help me in this..if they want me to send passport then will they send a letter asking me to send my passport or will they mail or call me?plz tell me what can be this letter.plz help me..
                    you cam also mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,
                    Anjali.

Comment

Received mail from consulate..plz help

Hi all,
                      I received 221(g) blue form on 31st july 2007 for all the petitioner docs without passport.i dropped all the 9 docs without passport in vfs office on 16th august 2007.since then i was mailing to consulate.but everytime i got reply saying that it is still under processing.but today i got a reply which says like below...

Thank you for your e-mail.

Our records show that we are in the process of sending a letter to you informing our decision. You will be receiving it in a few days time. Please wait.

Can anyone tell what the above means?Is it a rejection letter that they are going to send me?what are the chances for me getting the visa...plz seniors help me in this..if they want me to send passport then will they send a letter asking me to send my passport or will they mail or call me?plz tell me what can be this letter.plz help me..
                      you cam also mail me at [email protected]

Thanks,
                      Anjali.

Comment

221(g) query: petioner docs

Hi,

My details

Intervw Date - 27 Nov, 07
                        Received 221(g) form, checked with all the docs in "required from petitioner", and without pp.

The interview went ok, till the vo asked for tax docs, after which he said, some docs are missing, and gave the blue form.

---------------------------
                        Now I got the docs from the petitioner, with letter addressing the consulate, enclosed with sealed cover having docs

Now my query is that the petitioner has not specified the last 3 docs of blue form, (below is the list) in the letter that is addressed to consulate.

7) A letter(on letter head) from personnel dept at US jobsite stating there is vacany for u
                        (for this petioner mentioned abt lease aggrement, so does this suffice for this also, or any other doc? please advise)

8) applicants complete itenary
                        (for this, petetioner gave brief overview of my responsibilites of the inhouse project, within the letter to consulate. My doubt is does this will do or any separate and more elloborate doc is req?)

9) detailed descr of project, timeline, current status.
                        (for this petioner has given descr of project and but there is no mention of the specific timelines, no. of empl working on this prjct, etc.)

Please advise me on the above queries.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
                        Srinivas

Comment

Re approval of H1B from USCIS

Originally posted by bhaskarji
                          Hi All,

My details.

Interview date- Jan 2, 2007, 221(g)
                          Docs dropped (Bangalore) - Feb 6, 2007
                          Another 221(g) received - March 8, 2007 for AAP
                          Case sent to USCIS - May 10, 2007
                          Case received for review - July 3, 2007.

No updates yet on the website. My employer is also not giving me any precise information.

Regards,
                          Bhaskar

Hi bhaskar,
                          I got second 221g from chennai consulate, can you please tell me how to proceed for re approval of H1B from USCIS, and can you please give me your EAC number or H1B approval number. my mail id is [email protected]ks in advance.

Comment

HOPE/LIGHT I don't know what to call this!!!!

As I informed you, I submitted the documents without passport last thursday at VFS bangalore and I received a package from VFS yesterday (tuesday) asking to drop my passport along with original Approval notice and I-129 form.
                            I have th eoriginal approval notice and not the original I-129 form, my petitioner is sending it across to me.

I am all confused......I am waiting for form I-129 and will update you once I am done.

Thanks
                            Originally posted by ravithesuny2k
                            I received all the doc's from my petitioner and I am going to submit them in next 2 days at the bangalore VFS.

Comment

221g again

..people...sorry for my late response
                              My case status
                              Interview date: 20-sep-2007
                              First 221g docs submitted: 23-Oct-2007
                              Recieved second 221g: 6-Nov-2007
                              Re-submission of docs: Going to submit tomorrow

They had sent second 221g since the unempoyement wages report was not in the format they expected.Thus going to submit the docs tomorrow again

Comment

Originally posted by mons2007
                                Interview Date - Sep 24 got 221G Blue asked for all docs and PPT to be dropped at VFS.

Received PPT back and pink form asking to send reply to questions thru e-mail. Now the status online says pending processing.

Let me know if anyone had similar experience.I am joining a startup export company in USA and I am the first employee of the company.

Thx.

Mons
                                I had a similar experience, i got the pink 221g on Nov16th. My case status online is shown as "pending processing". I was working in a startup company in USA, and came to India for vacation.
                                If you know how long such type of cases take please let me know. Is your case status still pending process?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X