Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirectd mumbai to chennai.

Redirectd mumbai to chennai.

I atteneded the visa interview on 04 of january 2008. the vo issued me a 221 (g) white by marking that your zone comes under chennai consulate.because I am having the andhra radesh passaport.

But iam working in pune from past 2.5 years I am having everything from my side like bank statements, mobile bills,rental agremet.

But the vo doesn’t want to listen any thing from my side.

Is any one having the same experience.

Can I attend the chennai consulate.

I need a fresh appointment or can I attend directly.

Help meeeeeeeeee
    Thanks & regards

Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/2...e-chennai.html
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

I beleive that u dont need to apply all again..
      Just need fill in DS-156 again(no need to pay the fee again) and take all the other dox along with it(eg. new DS-156, old 157, letter from mumbai, old HDFC receipt, and th rest) and you dont need to schedule an appointment.
      Go directly to the cheanni consulate on any working day at 10.00AM and show at the security the white letter that u received as an appointment confirmation letter.

note: Dont take anything with you other than a mobile(no floppies, lip guard,pen drives/electronic equipment). My advice is to just carry the documents either in a plain file without zip/clip OR THE BEST IS TO CARRY THE DOX IN A PLASTIC BAG

Comment

I dont think you are right. The applicant can do what you suggested only in case he has been instructed to do so by the consular interviewer. If not, he'll have to apply all over again. They dont like ppl coming to consulates out of the actual jurisdiction area at all.

Comment

Paul1962,

General rules apply unless overridden by consular officer.

If someone has been staying in Pune for 2.5 years, the rule says he can go to Mumbai. So the applicant went to Mumbai. However, if the consulate officer asked him to go to Chennai instead, he has to go to Chennai. No arguments after that.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Sincere apologies to immihelp and smart_visa if I was wrong.
            Mine is the same case so thought it would b the same for smart_visa..
            I guess smart_visa has to know the correct answer as it will be written in his letter. Mine is the same with the chennai consulate circled and was written that i should attend in chennai consulate at 10.00..
            sorry for the confusion

Comment

Redirect mumbai to chennai

Hi smart_visa

Even i have faced the same problem but i got visa stamping after going to chennai

what you have to do is

there is no requirement for taking new appointment.

you have to fill the new DS-156 form

go to this link https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/2...e-chennai.html

there you will find

You need to complete the electronic version of form DS 156

click on DS 156

fill once again the DS 156 form because it will generate the new bar code

and take the print out, along with that you have to take the bar code print.

after that you can visit the Chennai Consulate on any Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday between 10 to 12 pm .

The first Question VO will ask why did you to Mumbai?

Prepare the Answer for that and take all the originial certificates of education and experiance

He may ask who is your client over there and what is you role like that.

Don't worry you will get.

If you have any problem try to mail me [email protected]

I will help you.

Comment

same doubt

Heyyy..

I have my interview in delhi consulate on 11th and iam basically from chennai. i have been working in noida for 5 months with my sponsor.. and now applied for h1b..before working here i was there in UK for 2 years. On that basis my company is telling me that i can attend interview in delhi without any issues.. but still am worried..

please let me know will delhi embassy redirect me to chennai?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X