Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 - Complicated Scenario

Hi Experts,
    Before i put my queries in this forum, i wanted to be honest and speak out the truth. Currently im residing in US on H1, im a single and an Hindu. Im planning to get married to a divorcee who is a christian. She already got divorce decree. As usual, our parents didnt agree for the marriage, so im planning to go to india, get her married and come down here. Im really worried about the complication in getting her H4 Visa. The problem starts from the basics,
    1. How should we get married, in hindu act or christian act, neither of us wanted to convert the religion.
    2. Assuming if get married in hindu act, our parents will not be there, will VO will accept the wedding photographs without parents, just with friends alone. Getting married in christain way is very complicated.
    3. If i get married in registers office, after that having the married register, will VO consider these documents for H4.
    4. Since we both of them belong to different religion and that too she is a divocee, will VO will consider this complication and grant H4 visa.
    5. She attempted to come in november on B2 visa, but her visa was rejected asking for supporting documents.
    6. What would be the best supporting document for getting the H4 visa granted keeping in my this complicated scenario.

I hope know one should come across this scenario in life time, but is there anybody in this world who had faced this sort of complication, if you guys or anybody who have heard about this complication, helped out or sorted out, please come forward and do help me out. Please advise on how to handle these things.
    I would be very thankfull to each on you.

Please help me out..

Thanks in advance
    Yours Sincerly

gj
    an worried man

Here you go ...

1. Civil court marriage
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Doesn't matter (My friend you need to understand US culture, then you'll get it that these things don't matter here)
    5. You've got a potential problem here
    6. Check out https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Once again, you really need to learn the US culture and understand the society. You seem to be still in 16th century ancient world.
    Sorry no offence, it just seems so from your life story that you poured out here.
    Good luck with your marriage, hope you have a happy ending.

Comment

1. Your marriage will fall under Special Marriage act of 1954. This act provides marriages between inter-religious people. You need to look it up for more details on the procedure and registration.
      2. You can get married under Hindu marriage act of 1955 or Christian marriage act of 1870s.
      3. It has to follow special marriage act provisions. Yes, it is valid for H4.
      4. No problems
      5. B2 is non immigrant visa and H4 is dual intent. No problems for H4.
      6. Immihelp doc list, the usual documents.

VOs are aware of Indian society and if questioned about elders, it can be clearly said that it was a love marriage and hence opposed by the families. The usual question asked by VOs for H4 visa is if the marriage was a love or arranged marriage.

Good luck!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi knowledgeable & txh1b,
        Thanks a lot for your valuable comments and for the information provided. It ware really helpfull and it given some hopes in my life. Ive started working on it. But now and then quiet worried, just in case what if its rejected.
        Ive another question, how long the processing time take, does it take months together.

Once again thanks a lot knowledgeable and txh1b. If somebody has more information, please post it, it would be more helpfull

Thanks.
        With Sincerely,

gj

Comment

H4 - quickest and easiest ...

... visa for United States.

If all your documentation and visa requirements are in order, you can get H4 almost immediately.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Experts,
            When question by VO about marriage, should i say Love Marriage or Arranged Marriage, i guess in my case i should say love marriage.
            1. If i say love marriage, is there different sets of questions asked my VO and is there any different set of documentation required?
            2. Whats the success rate of getting visa if say its Love Marriage. Has anybody got visa after saying VO that its love marriage?
            3. If i get married in registrar's office, i wont have much marriage photo's except the reception photos with friends and limited family members. Will VO still consider this as an valid marriage and will grant visa. Have anybody experienced this kind of scenario's.

Plz experts, im confused and lost almost.

Thanks in advance

gj.

Comment

No special questions based on the type of marriage. All I can say is you are worrying too much unnecessarily.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X