Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer when u r in India

Please help me....

Question: I got H1B thru the Indian employer A. I went to USA and worked for Indian employer A for 1 year, then i came back to india and continued my job with the same indian employer A.

Now i am india, want to join another indian employer B in india itself.

What will happen to my H1B.....

1) Can my new employer B still use my H1B and can send me to USA if he wishes in future ( probably after 6 months).

2) is H1B valid only as long as i am with employer A.

1. Yes, they have to file a new petition that is not subject to cap.

2. No. But the question is not properly phrased. It is ambiguous.

Read the FAQs here for better understanding.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks... forget about second question...

Could you please explain the first question in detail....... should i have go for stamping once again to the US consulate in india?.......... what is that " not subject to cap? "....

one more question: Can my employer A have the autority of cancelling the H1B as i am leaving his company with/without my knowledge....

Comment

I would suggest you to go through the FAQs one time and it will clarify your questions.

Also look at this thread.

No, your existing valid unexpired H1b stamp from previous employer is valid even if that H1b petition was cancelled by the employer. But you need a new approved I797 from a new employer to be used in conjunction with the old visa to re-enter.

Not subject to cap means you need not go through the H1b lottery again.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks..

you said that My new employer has to file a new petition that is not subject to cap.

-- for this, should i have to go for visa stamping?.....

Fyi.... my current h1b visa stamped thru my old employer is valid thru may 2009 and the h1b is in first three years period...

Comment

Originally posted by Mohanjuly

-- for this, should i have to go for visa stamping?.....
            Heck NO. If the visa that you have in your passport is valid, no need. This has been said.
            Check out H1 FAQs first!
            http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

I already answered your question in my previous post.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X