Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping..

Gurus,

My first 3 years H1 visa got expired in Aug 2007.
    My wife lives with me who holds H4 visa which got expired on Aug 2007 for both of us. We both now has extension visa i797 till 2010 separately as my wife also has extension visa paper in her name this time.

I am in Bench from 2-3 months, but my employer is paying me and i have pay stubs as on date. now i wish to send my wife to India alone for visa stamping also to attend one of her sisters marriage in June End.

1.) Is it ok to send her for visa stamping in chennai without Me having present there as i am primary H1 holder. If yes, then when is the ideal time to go for visa stamping soon after her arrival or wait till i find a job here in US.
    2.) what are the documents require from my employer, apart from DS156,DS157 & employer verification letter

Anyone has came across this kind of situation before, Please let me know.

Thanks

What's bench? You are employed and getting paid all the time. She should be fine with your most recent pay-stubs. For document chklist browse this or any other similar site.

Comment

No issues as long as you are getting paid. Project or not, it is your employer's headache.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        No issues as long as you are getting paid. Project or not, it is your employer's headache.
        Thanks txh1b, when i say i am in bench it means i have no project but my employer is paying me though.

1.) what i want to know is do the VO at chennai would ask my wife to show client documents such as any photos or letters from client stating that that i am working at the client site etc etc. since i have no project on my hand. In this case what supporting document should i send with her.
        2.) My employer lives in NJ and i live with my wife in California. In DS156 & DS157 Form should i give my address here in california or NJ, suggest me.
        3.) Should i ask my employer to give me a letter stating that i am working at his NJ office in some project, suggest me this also..

any ImmiHelp link where i can directly go and see the documents (from my Employer) required for h4 visa extension in Chennai India as suggested by someone in my thread above.

Seniors please give your suggestions on this.

Thanks
        Last edited by milf; 05-29-2008, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milf
          Thanks txh1b, when i say i am in bench it means i have no project but my employer is paying me though.

1.) what i want to know is do the VO at chennai would ask my wife to show client documents such as any photos or letters from client stating that that i am working at the client site etc etc. since i have no project on my hand. In this case what supporting document should i send with her.
          2.) My employer lives in NJ and i live with my wife in California. In DS156 & DS157 Form should i give my address here in california or NJ, suggest me.
          3.) Should i ask my employer to give me a letter stating that i am working at his NJ office in some project, suggest me this also..

any ImmiHelp link where i can directly go and see the documents (from my Employer) required for h4 visa extension in Chennai India as suggested by someone in my thread above.

Seniors please give your suggestions on this.

Thanks
          Please can anyone reply on this...

Comment

C'mon. It has hardly been an hour since your last post and you are getting impatient?

1. Client letters, photos etc. Those issues come up on H1b stamping not for H4.
            2. Your address. Why would NJ come into picture. Your employer could be anywhere.Employer address and information goes in the respective section.
            3. You work for your employer. Project etc does not matter.

If you are sooo concerned due to the fact that your employer is not so well known, you could wait for a project. But as long as you are getting paid, no issues.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
              C'mon. It has hardly been an hour since your last post and you are getting impatient?

1. Client letters, photos etc. Those issues come up on H1b stamping not for H4.
              2. Your address. Why would NJ come into picture. Your employer could be anywhere.Employer address and information goes in the respective section.
              3. You work for your employer. Project etc does not matter.

If you are sooo concerned due to the fact that your employer is not so well known, you could wait for a project. But as long as you are getting paid, no issues.
              Can someone send me the documents checklist for H4 Visa extension(who is going to go for interview in chennai from US).

Thanks

Comment

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X