Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-H1 Transfer

Hi All ,
    Here's my situation . I am currently on L1B and in the US and i have applied for H1B with out change of status by company 'X' this year and got my name picked up in the random selection , so far so good but my concerns are
    1) I will have go back to india in August :- So can i get my H1B stamped in Mexico/Canada before i go to india (I checked this with my new employer he says that he has checked this with his Attorney and that i will have to get my stamping done only in India and that too in the Chennai Consulate only it seems) . Need clarification reg this point .
    2) I currently have an offer from another consulting company 'Y' in the US (not 'X' ,the one which has processed my H1B) . How do i get my H1 transfered to company 'Y' . Do i need to go for stamping first as an employee of 'X' and then get the H1 transfered to 'Y' or how . Need help ASAP ...

You should read through some posts on the forum and that will help you.

1. Depends. There is risk associated with such stamping if you don't have US Degree.

2. Can be done. Look on the forum as to how.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply ,
      Regarding the second point i searched the forums and didnt come across any question/message of this issue , may be i am not looking at the correct place , can you please guide me to a thread or any place in the forum which can give me an ans . Thank you so much once again .

Comment

How much time did you spend looking? More such posts are available on the H1b forums. Read those to improve your knowledge in this area which will be helpful in the future.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X