Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer

Hi,

I have a valid H1 visa. I have been working for company A since feb 2008. Its been 5 months now...and I have found a new permanent job at company B. I resigned from A but have not started my h1 transfer process with company B. Company A is forcing me to stay for the agreed period else they will take legal actions. If I still want to work for company B, what should be my approach? will company A cancel my H1 visa? Is there a way i can know if they have filed for cancellation? Is there a way they can know if i have not yet applied for a transfer and so they go ahead and file for cancellation of my visa?

Please advice.

Thanks
    Noopsvy

You should know better than to resign. Without a new H1b transfer application in pending with USCIS, if you resign, you become out of status. You need to know better than to just resign.

Talk to B's attorney to get the H1b transfer in ASAP like today! Also using AC21 while you are out of status is risky.

Educate yourself first before you leap.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

h1 transfer

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to add one thing. I am still working for company A and i have just given them the notice of 2 weeks.

Does it still mean I will be out of status?

Thanks
      noopsvy

Comment

No, you are fine as long as the transfer is filed before you stop working. The sooner, the better.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

h1 transfer

This helps. Thanks a lot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X