No announcement yet.

L1 to H1 COS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more question I saw in my (L1-to H1B) I94H form start date mentioned as 5th Jan. I am planning to resign on 2nd Jan. do you think I would be out of status for 3rd and 4th (saturday and sunday). My joining date is 5th which is on monday the 5th Jan 09.please suggust

Comment

You will be fine. Not an issue.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Yesterday my employer's attorney was filing my H1B trasfer (L1A to H1B) after they received the singed forms from employer.before they file the case they asked me to review the I29H document (scanned and sent to me). I saw that period of stay is mentioned as 04/08.2008 to present but it is actually 04/08/2007 to present. I have let them know that it is wrongly mentioned as it should be 04/08/2007 to present. then they replied me back saying that they have rectified the error and it is good to go. but I know that that form has employer signature and employer and attroney are in 2 different states. if they have corrected it online and reprinted the form then they should have sent to employer for their signature but they did not do that what they told me is it has been rectified and varified finally. I understand that the form should not have any cuts or double writing. I am unable to understand how did they make the change. please advise.

Comment

Hi Folks,

can anyone answer my query please ?

Comment

Hi

On USCIS Site my case number shows (L1a to H1B transfer) that the case is approved :approval notice sent via email on 19th but my attroney has not received the email receipt or the approval notice yet. can I assume that my case is approved.

usally what is the process do they intimate by email first and then send the approval notice.

is the INS site information accurate.

I have resigned from my current org based on the INS site info

Please suggest

Comment

Was it a premium case? If so, why doesn't the attorney contact the special email address for premium cases?

I think you can assume your case is approved. If not, you will be in deep trouble as you will be out of your status and illegal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

if I assumen that is it approved and the date mentioned on the petition is 5th Jan. can I start working from 5th of Jan if I do not receive the petition by that date?

Comment

I doubt if the approval will have a future effective date. You have to see in the approval letter. Nothing much to say as the result can differ.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X