Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• txh1b
    replied
    I doubt if the approval will have a future effective date. You have to see in the approval letter. Nothing much to say as the result can differ.

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    if I assumen that is it approved and the date mentioned on the petition is 5th Jan. can I start working from 5th of Jan if I do not receive the petition by that date?

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    Was it a premium case? If so, why doesn't the attorney contact the special email address for premium cases?

I think you can assume your case is approved. If not, you will be in deep trouble as you will be out of your status and illegal.

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    Hi

On USCIS Site my case number shows (L1a to H1B transfer) that the case is approved :approval notice sent via email on 19th but my attroney has not received the email receipt or the approval notice yet. can I assume that my case is approved.

usally what is the process do they intimate by email first and then send the approval notice.

is the INS site information accurate.

I have resigned from my current org based on the INS site info

Please suggest

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    Hi Folks,

can anyone answer my query please ?

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    Yesterday my employer's attorney was filing my H1B trasfer (L1A to H1B) after they received the singed forms from employer.before they file the case they asked me to review the I29H document (scanned and sent to me). I saw that period of stay is mentioned as 04/08.2008 to present but it is actually 04/08/2007 to present. I have let them know that it is wrongly mentioned as it should be 04/08/2007 to present. then they replied me back saying that they have rectified the error and it is good to go. but I know that that form has employer signature and employer and attroney are in 2 different states. if they have corrected it online and reprinted the form then they should have sent to employer for their signature but they did not do that what they told me is it has been rectified and varified finally. I understand that the form should not have any cuts or double writing. I am unable to understand how did they make the change. please advise.

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    You will be fine. Not an issue.

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    One more question I saw in my (L1-to H1B) I94H form start date mentioned as 5th Jan. I am planning to resign on 2nd Jan. do you think I would be out of status for 3rd and 4th (saturday and sunday). My joining date is 5th which is on monday the 5th Jan 09.please suggust

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    1. Yes

2. COS does not allow that. You are on H1b the date it gets approved. Go with CP and get a H1b stamp if you want to handle it the right way or resign immediately once the H1b transfer gets approved.

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    thanks for the reply.

New employer is tranfering L1 to H1 based on already approved H1B from another employer.

1.can L1 to H1B transfer is possible by new Employer using the approved H1B from previous employer I never worked for him.( I did leaf frog to stay on my current L1A )

2.I need to give 15 days notice before I resign from my job (L1A). I cannot resign until my H1B trasfer takes place. do I get 15days time to join the H1B as I understand that I should start working for new H1B employer immediately after the approval and the date mentioned on my new I94. Please suggest what options I have or how to overcome the situation

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    It does not matter. The H1b CAP count belongs to you irrespective of what the company does.

There is no way that company can find out about the transfer unless you tell them. Read the FAQs.

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    Hi txh1b,

Since my H1B approved 2008 with COS.I was never on H1B as I did leaf frog.

I have better oppurtunity with company C who is ready to transfer my L1 to
    H1B based on the already approved H1B from company B and ready to pay the amount to my original H1B sponsorer (company B) after the successful trasfer (basically buyout).

but just in case ,while the company C employer is trasfering my status from L1 to H1B and in case if my original H1 sponsorer (company B) come to know and cancels my H1B what happens to my H1B.

and L1A to H1B with company C ,are there any rejection chances. I am maintaining my status very well(L1A) for the past 2 yrs

bit worried

Pls

Leave a comment:

• txh1b
    replied
    I said No earlier and answered the other question as well. Did you read the FAQs?

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    Hi txh1b,

would there be any question by INS as why you leaf frog as the H1B was approved with COS. and now are you again going for COS.

Also can I trasfer my H1 with new employer? not with the one who did my H1B processing?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• krajamk
    replied
    once again impressed because of your simplicity.

can you please answer my queries

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X