Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Extension question

Urgent help required:
    I got my H1 extension till September 2010 in March. My wife I-94 and Visa are both expiring on 30th September 2009.
    On 29th July, we applied form I-539 for H4 extension (Passport copies, My H1 extension approval paper, marriage certificate) to Vermont center, got the confirmation of the application certified mail on August 3rd.

We never got the Notice of Action letter for more than a month so open a complain with USCIS and got the reference on 7th September.
    Today, 21st September, we got the application that we sent to USCIS saying that we need to sent the document to California and also written they have not checked the legality of the documents attached.

1. As my H1 extension approval was done from Vermont, shouldn't we apply the H4 extension to Vermont.
    2. We are residing in Illinios, could that be the reason to saying to sent the application to California.
    3. My wife I-94 is expiring on 30th September, what is the best way to do at this point as we have just a week left.
    4. We already planned to travel to another state my flight on 24th, what is legal implication for that?

As long as extension was applied before the I-94 expires, you can continue to work and remain in the US.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X