Please help - Optima visa fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - Optima visa fraud

I paid Optima Resources 4500 USD for processing my H1 visa. I got picked up in the lottery but they couldn't manage to get me visa. In the visa interview I got a blue from and Optima couldn't produce the required documents. They told they will take 500 USD as processing fee and refund the remaining amount. Now it's more then two years since I paid them and I lost all hope that they have any plan to give back my money. I belong to one middle class Indian family and 4500 USD is huge money for me and I am in big trouble because of the money that I borrowed for paying them.

I have the following documents with me,

Bank statement for the 4500 USD transaction to Bank Of America.
    The documents that they have sent me including the consulate package and the employment contract.
    All the email communication details.
    Some recorded conversations regarding the refund of money.

From this forum and some other forums like fraudwatchers, I understood that like me many other people also became victims of their fraud. But still they are operating and cheating poor people.

Could somebody please tell me whom should I approach to file a complaint against them. Is there any official websites where I can report this visa fraud. Can I approach some lawyers in US with the help of my relatives there.

It would be of great help if somebody could guild me.

Thanks,
    mjose

You have enough evidence to prove.

I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

RE: another Visa Fraud

I'm also having the same problem and have many sleepless nights. The company which agreed to get me visa claims to be among the best in the Datawarehouse practice. They agreed to process my visa and also gave me an offer for $xx,xxxx. The mentions that I will be working on projects at Client Location whereas in the supporting documents to the petition, they showed that I will be working on a in-house project that is developed and products are sold to its customers.

There was an RFE and it was not responded properly with adequate documents and proofs. I can say the whole case was not handled in a professional manner. As a result, the visa got denied. Now they are not willing to file a motion/appeal to challange the decision and not confident too.

When I ask for queies in email, they never reply and prefer to talk only on phone. They have not replied to any of my mails. However I have recorded the conversations and in some cases, I have mailed them the summary of the discussion.

I have the receipt for having paid the fees here and I want to get my money back due to personal commitments. I have some friends in US and I want to file a complaint both here and in USA. Please help me if you have any inputs on how to

Thanks

Comment

You can complain to DOL with all the proofs to the wages and hour division

Here is the website

https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-visa-em...int-procedure/

You will have to send the form to the exact labor department office falling under your companies district. Sometimes labor department is little slow in handling cases, so you can do a followup about your complaint.

Please make a copy of the complaint you submit using the wh-4 form
        and sent it by registered post (FedEx or DHL or UPS ) will do.
        Submit as much information as possible.

You have to do regular followups with the above link i had given since DOL is not smart enough to take up the case quickly. There are some issues with DOL..most of the time there inquiry will complete only in one year to two year time period. If proved fraudulent company will be penalized. All this you can do from India itself.

I know cases with DOL where they don't do proper timely action, For example even if you point to direct violation about the employer they keep mum and this help employer to engage in further violations. Even i know cases where it was very clear that the employer was not having a proper LCA for the job , for several employees and even after naming the employees in bench without pay DOL didnt take any immediate action which they should do if they are keen on enforcing the law.

Anyway something is better than nothing. You should definitely file the complaint with DOL. Also notice that if you are from India , Overseas affairs ministry of India is also having mechanism to trap fraudulent employers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X