Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not giving Documents

Hello

I Got passed through H1 B Lottery system in 2008 ,I asked my Employer to give my documents so that i can give H1 b interveiw and get my H1,but he didnt got ready and said that due to recession we dont have jobs so i will give you document when we will have jobs,he just send me the scanned copy of approval.

After few months i got married and now i am on F2 visa in USA ,i told him that i will find my job myself as i am in usa ,i told him to give my documents but he is giving execuses and tells me either to wait or to file new H1

I gave him 2500$ fee ...I m worried now...Please suggest what should i do next...

You can't do anything when the employer doesn't have a job opening for you. You can file for a new CAP exempt H1B petition with the copy of your I-797 approval notice if you find a new employer who can get you a project. Paying for H1B is illegal.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Better not to work for this kind of employer.

Find a new employer/job and do H1 transfer. Copy of approval notice is enough.

For lodging any complaints on your employer, look at https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-visa-em...int-procedure/

Comment

I m getting a job offer from a company (other then Existing Employer)....but they are saying they can give job if i already have visa...Can I transfer my Existing Employer or IS there any other solution ???why paying for H1 B is illegal??Everyone has to pay lawyer fee and US gov fee in order to file H1B application as far as i know....

Comment

Paying for H1B is the employer's responsibility. If you pay for the visa, then it is illegal and it is termed as "Immigration Fraud". Visa is not required for H1b transfer. Visa is just to enter U.S. Ask your new employer to file for a transfer. Once the transfer is approved, you can work for that employer with the approval notice (If it is I-797A) without having to get the visa stamped.

Originally posted by sangeeta268 View Post
          I m getting a job offer from a company (other then Existing Employer)....but they are saying they can give job if i already have visa...Can I transfer my Existing Employer or IS there any other solution ???why paying for H1 B is illegal??Everyone has to pay lawyer fee and US gov fee in order to file H1B application as far as i know....
          Last edited by shervin143; 10-20-2009, 03:28 PM.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X