Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I out of status? - H1 txfr while ext pending and later withdrawn

Dear txh1b,

I see your postings related to bridging. but to be frank I still did not understand the "bridge" petitions. I am giving some details, please tell me yes or no answer.

this is dated back in 2007.
    I used to work for a company called "A". I had an approved petition expiring on June 20th 2007.
    "A" applied for the H1B extension on May 2007. EACZZZ
    Meanwhile I got the approved H1B transfer from "B". which is valid from June 6th 2007 to 2010 (3 years). it has the same I 94 number on the approval notice. also in July applied for 485 and EAD through "B".
    I joined "B" on August 1st 2007.
    "A" withdrew the application for extension EACZZZ on Sep 2007.
    Now (2009 nov) I see we got an RFE on that EACZZZ. I still do not have the detail.
    Am I out of status, whether this EACZZZ is withdrawn or denied? for the period June 21st to July 31st 2007?

thanks in advance.

Yes, you were out of status if you did not get paid by any employer during the period or if A withdrew the petition before the bridge was not established.

However, as B's petition got approved before A's I-94 expired, you are in a better shape. If not, you would have been illegal. Remember OOS and illegal are related but different.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank you txh1b. I worked for "A" during that time. I have pay stubs as well. that is exactly what I am worried. did I work for a company for 40 days which is not authorized any more.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X