H-4 ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-4 ....

Hello dear Shervin ,,, that's me again, my Elder son will be over 21 within few months and he is now with valid H-4 untill the end of this year ,, and he is getting to start his univ. next sept. , i know it is early to ask but... how to renew his i-94 when it is ended ,i mean will he be eligible even if he is over 21? and if not,, what to do ? can we change to F-1 visa?and how ,
    thanks friend

The H4 dependent visa is available for accompanying family members, including spouse and children under the age of 21. So your son will no longer be eligible to get an H4 extension once he is over 21 years. If your son will be over 21 before he starts his University, then the best option is to apply for F1. Another benefit of having an F1 is that he can apply for on-campus job, internship or Optional Practical Training after his studies.

If your son is already in U.S, then he need to file for change of status from H4 to F1 (Form I-539).

If he is outside U.S, then he need to get the F1 stamped.
    https://www.immihelp.com/f1-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H-4 to f-1

Thankyou Shervin, I & my family will travel alltogether to US next month, i mean we r still outside US , we already had our passports stamped with H-1B & H4 visas till Dec.2010, i think it is OK for my elder son at POE since he already has the visa stamped, then in US we will change the status to F-1 after starting his univ. , what do u think?

Comment

Sounds good.

Originally posted by barhooma99 View Post
        Thankyou Shervin, I & my family will travel alltogether to US next month, i mean we r still outside US , we already had our passports stamped with H-1B & H4 visas till Dec.2010, i think it is OK for my elder son at POE since he already has the visa stamped, then in US we will change the status to F-1 after starting his univ. , what do u think?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X