Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Stamping - No H1 visa stamp in spouse passport-- Possible ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping - No H1 visa stamp in spouse passport-- Possible ??

Hi,

My wife is working in USA on H1 visa. Her H1 is not yet stamped (It was a COS from L2-H1B). She has all payslips, emp verification letter, and marriage certificate. I am @ home country, and planning to go for H4 visa.
    Will there be any issue for H4 visa stamp (because H1 visa stamp is not there in spouse passport).
    My wife name not endorsed in my passport (we do have marriage certificate).. any issues with this ?

Thanks for your suggestions.

No issues at all.
    Visa is entry permit only. To enter US, you need visa because you're out of US.
    Those already staying in US don't need visa. got it?

Comment

Possible!

All you need to prove to the officer is that your wife's status in the US is H1b and of-course she is actually your wife. You can use her I797 (Approval Notice) and the marriage certificate to prove that. You don't need to show the spouse's name on the passport, since you might have been issued the passport before your marriage.

Also, carry all supporting documents. Please refer the H4 Visa Documents page.

All izz Well! Go Ahead!

Comment

Thank you very much Guys, I do have all other documents, and she is in valid status all the time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X