Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original I-797 for H4

Hello Guys

I have a doubt here. My wife came to USA 6 months back as my H1B dependent and we both got our extensions in Jan. She got her own I-797 and I have my own I-797. She now went back to India to get her petition stamped. Her Interview is on April 9th in Hyderabad. She carried the original I-797 for herself and a copy of my I-797.
    My question is, does she need my original I-797 ?

I read in the following link https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/ that Original I-797 for principle applicant (which is me) is supposed to be taken for H4 visa. Please advice if her original I-797 and my I-797 (Copy) would be enough for her interview. I would have to send the document ASAP if the answer if YES. This makes me more tensed.. I don't want any delay in her visa process.

Thanks

Original I-797 of the principle applicant is required as stated in the H4 document list in immihelp. People have got their visas stamped successfully with a copy of I-797 of the primary applicant as well. But this totally depends on the VO. Some VO's will issue 221g requesting the original I-797. It's not worth taking that risk.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X