X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for H4 fiancee soon...Few Urgent Questions

Applying for H4 fiancee soon...Few Urgent Questions
    Dear Friends,

Please guide me with your suggestion as I am really confused about following.

I am here in USA on H1B from couple of months and will be travelling to India soon to get married and then come back immediately after marriage.

What are the requirements for getting H4 issued for my fianceee and soon to be wife. Pls assist with following queries.

# Do I need to be in India while she applies for H4 immediately after marriage?

# She has her maiden name in passport. After marriage and before applying H4 is it that she needs to have her passport name changed / amended to her first name with my surnameor can she use her old passport?

# Do we need to apply for Marriage Certificate after marriage immediately. If yes whats the process and what are requirements and how much time it takes.

Any advice would be helpful.

# Do I need to be in India while she applies for H4 immediately after marriage?
    >>> Not required. All that she need to get the H4 stamped is the list of required documents from you.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/

# She has her maiden name in passport. After marriage and before applying H4 is it that she needs to have her passport name changed / amended to her first name with my surnameor can she use her old passport?
    >>> Not required. Marriage certificate is enough to prove the relationship.

# Do we need to apply for Marriage Certificate after marriage immediately. If yes whats the process and what are requirements and how much time it takes.
    >>> Marriage certificate is mandatory. Contact the local marriage resistration office and they will let you know the procedures. You can get everything done in a day (hardly 3-4 hours).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin,

Thank You Very much for your helpful repsonses.

One more q pls -

# After marriage - do I need to get my passport resissued as my status should be Married and not Single.

Comment

Not required.

Originally posted by sunandoghosh View Post
        Hi Shervin,

Thank You Very much for your helpful repsonses.

One more q pls -

# After marriage - do I need to get my passport resissued as my status should be Married and not Single.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X