Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160 for H1B extension and H4 stamping

Hi,

I will be going to India this June for my H1B extension and my wife's first time H4 stamping after my marriage.
    1)Do we need to fill two separate DS160 forms one for my H1B extension and one for my wife H4 visa?
    2)Can I select the Family option for taking visa appointment for both of us at a time and make a single appointment for both of us?
    3)Do we need one HDFC fees receipt or two?
    4)What marital status(single or married) do I need to give while filling the DS160 form and making appointment, because I will be taking the appointment now and marrying in June but before the Visa interview?
    Please guide me.

Thanks.

1)Do we need to fill two separate DS160 forms one for my H1B extension and one for my wife H4 visa?
    >>> There should be a DS-160 filled for each visa applicant.

2)Can I select the Family option for taking visa appointment for both of us at a time and make a single appointment for both of us?
    >>> Yes. Advisable to do so.

3)Do we need one HDFC fees receipt or two?
    >>> Each visa applicant should have an individual HDFC fee receipt.

4)What marital status(single or married) do I need to give while filling the DS160 form and making appointment, because I will be taking the appointment now and marrying in June but before the Visa interview?
    Please guide me.
    >>> All information that you fill in the visa application is as of the visa interview date. so you need to fill it as married.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Need Info

Hello Fellas & Experts.
      I have a few questions about H1 B Visa Stamping. I am assuming Visa Fees (Paid by employer during Visa Processing to USICS) and Stamping fees are different? Let me know if that is not the case.

1) How much is the Visa Stamping fees. I mean the DS160 fees?
      2) If I am currently in US, how do I make the payment to HDFC Bank? What is the best way to do that?
      3) If I want to go to Mumbai for Stamping, as per the requirements I think we need to submit the application packet to Mumbai VFS office minimum three days before the appointment. I think sending it through USPS / UPS / Fedex would be preferred right?

All are trivial questions. I couldnt find the fees details anywhere so I am asking you experts.

Thanks in Advance.

The Poster

Comment

H1 B Extension / Renewal Stamping Query

Hello Fellas & Experts.
        I have a few questions about H1 B Visa Stamping. I am assuming Visa Fees (Paid by employer during Visa Processing to USICS) and Stamping fees are different? Let me know if that is not the case.

2) If I am currently in US, how do I make the payment to HDFC Bank? What is the best way to do that?
        3) If I want to go to Mumbai for Stamping, as per the requirements I think we need to submit the application packet to Mumbai VFS office minimum three days before the appointment. I think sending it through USPS / UPS / Fedex would be preferred right?

All are trivial questions. I couldnt find the fees details anywhere so I am asking you experts.

Thanks in Advance.

The Poster

Comment

>>> USCIS has nothing to do with the visa. What gets processed with USCIS is your petition. What gets processed with the Consulate is your visa. So ofcourse the fees are for two different things and they are different.

>>> https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-fees/

>>> Scan your passport and sent it to some in your home country who can go to the HDFC bank and get you deman drafts. Make sure they pay the fee for the correct visa type that you are applying.

>>> Yes, you can do that.

Comment

Thanks Sherwin

Thanks Sherwin,

One more question if I may...

Does the HDFC Receipt has anything to do with the Date of Appointment. I mean even if I am planning to go for Stamping in Dec 2011, can Pay HDFC now in Sept/October? I am assuming they will give us a Receipt which will have a Barcode # which would be required during filing the DS160.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks Again,
            The Poster

Comment

The HDFC barcode will be valid for an year. You can book the visa appointment using that barcode anytime within that period.

Originally posted by ThePoster View Post
              Thanks Sherwin,

One more question if I may...

Does the HDFC Receipt has anything to do with the Date of Appointment. I mean even if I am planning to go for Stamping in Dec 2011, can Pay HDFC now in Sept/October? I am assuming they will give us a Receipt which will have a Barcode # which would be required during filing the DS160.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks Again,
              The Poster

Comment

You Da Man

You Da Man!!!

Comment

'Present Employer' in DS 160

Hello,

I got my h1b extension petition approved and am filling DS160 now. I am in US currently. For "present employer /school name" should I give my Company X India address (I gave this when filling Ds160 last time for original petition) or Company X USA address (since i am working in US currently)?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi Arun,

Which address you gave finally?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by arunkott View Post
                    Hello,

I got my h1b extension petition approved and am filling DS160 now. I am in US currently. For "present employer /school name" should I give my Company X India address (I gave this when filling Ds160 last time for original petition) or Company X USA address (since i am working in US currently)?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi Arun,

Which address you gave finally?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by arunkott View Post
                      Hello,

Thank you in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X