H1B extension went to RFE, H1B transfer in process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension went to RFE, H1B transfer in process

My current H1B will expire on April 19th 2020, i94 will expire on April 28th 2020 and an extension has been applied by my current employer (Company A). The extension was applied on Dec 9th 2019 through regular processing. Meanwhile I got an offer from new employer (Company B - American company and client of Company A) and they filed H1B Transfer thru regular processing(premium processing currently suspended) on April 7th 2020. My joining date with company B will be April 30th 2020 which I am planning to join based on receipt notice with company B being an American company. Today I came to know that my H1B extension case with company A went to RFE and generic questions were asked like employer-client relationships, SOWs, Client Letter and paystubs.

Can you guys please help me with the list of below questions?

Questions:
    A) Do I need to respond to the RFE as my last date in Company A would be before my RFE response date?
    B) If yes for A), I may not get support from Company A once I resign as I will be joining the client company, how to respond to RFE in this case and is there an issue if I do not respond due to lack of documents
    C) If no for A), will company A withdraw its extension petition due to non-response of RFE or will it be stay there as “invalid case” and eventually withdrawn once I get approval notice for H1B Transfer?
    D) Will my case come under bridge petition case?
    E) Since H1B transfer with company B was filed before my H1B and I94 was expired, will H1B extension approval or denial impact/not impact the progress of H1B Transfer?

Hi, can somebody respond to my above questions?

Comment

You do not need to respond to RFE issued on pending extension petition from Employer A. But, make sure you have the USCIS receipt from Employer B as proof of status before April 28th your current valid I-94 expiration date. Good luck!

Comment

Great, thanks so much for your advice, this helps!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X