Switching jobs in the same MNC and LCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching jobs in the same MNC and LCA

I was working for an MNC in 2017 in Orange County and transferred to another team within the same MNC but in New Jersey but still worked remotely from Orange County. The exact number of days I worked for the NJ Team was 55 days. I also received paychecks with the office’s NJ address on my paystubs during the 55 days (meaning I paid NJ & CA state taxes for those days). On looking online it looks like LCA is required if I work in the new location for more than 30 days (or) 60 days if I am working from the previously approved LCA location (our HQ office). Neither did I Know about this nor the company knew about it. Luckily, I quit this MNC after 55 days and joined another MNC in Orange County.

I need to understand that this did not violate any rules and regulations for H1B. Also, yes I just realized about this that a new LCA is needed to transfer to a different state even it is for the same MNC.

Originally posted by Kingcha Konga View Post
    I was working for an MNC in 2017 in Orange County and transferred to another team within the same MNC but in New Jersey but still worked remotely from Orange County. The exact number of days I worked for the NJ Team was 55 days. I also received paychecks with the office’s NJ address on my paystubs during the 55 days (meaning I paid NJ & CA state taxes for those days). On looking online it looks like LCA is required if I work in the new location for more than 30 days (or) 60 days if I am working from the previously approved LCA location (our HQ office). Neither did I Know about this nor the company knew about it. Luckily, I quit this MNC after 55 days and joined another MNC in Orange County.

I need to understand that this did not violate any rules and regulations for H1B. Also, yes I just realized about this that a new LCA is needed to transfer to a different state even it is for the same MNC.
    Hi Member,
    As you mentioned, if you are moving to different state then you must have filed H1B Amendment petition for new location before you start working from them. But my question here is, since you worked from home and your home address covers previous LCA location, then what is the reason you have got paid with different location? If you worked from home, then you must have got paid with the home address location not client location.
    Legally, it was mistake happened in your case.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X