Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help regarding I94

Hi,

My H1 and my wife H4 was extended till Sep 2012. While travelling to India, airlines took only the old I94 and gave back the new I94 that she got with the extension documents. This I94 is valid till 30 Sep 2012. She got her visa stamped in India on 15th July 2010.

New I94 that she got while entering US has the date, visa was issued (15th July 2010) not the expiry date (30 Sep 2012). Now she has both the I94 with her.

Should i go to the USCIS office and get a new / modified I94 or can use the I94 that she got with the extension documents?

I appreciate your help!!!

Thanks,
    Hari

You must surrender all I-94's while exiting US for any reason.
    You'll get new one at PoE, which only is valid.

for I-94 corrections, check:

Comment

Imp.. need help.

Thanks for your reply. Can someone point me to list of cbp locations where she can get her i94 modified?

Since the date on the i94 is the date before she entered US, Will she has any problem in the future during the extensions or anything related to USCIS? Do they consider her stay as illlegal?

Thanks,
      Hari

Comment

She has to get her I-94 corrected. She should have checked her I-94 before leaving the POE. You should get it corrected at the same airport where she received the incorrect I-94.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Got it corrected from the nearest CBP office.

Hi Shervin,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

After i posted this query, i googled for the solution and found something interesting. I94 corrections can be done at the nearest CBP locations. So i found one near my place and we went there, talked to one of the CBP officer and got the new I94 with the new expiry date and it has the old I94 form number (Officer manually wrote it in the new form).

Hope this helps the people who are in the similar situtation.

Thanks,
          Hari

Comment

Thanks for the update. There were cases where the officer at a different CBP asked people to get the I-94 corrected from the same place where it was issued. I guess it depends on the officer.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X