H4 visa restamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa restamping

My H1 visa is expired in march 2010 and now we (my spouse and daughter are on H4) are having I-797 till may 2011(completing 6 yrs of H1). We are currently in USA and my wife and daughter is planning to visit india in December 2010 but I am not sure if i will be able to make it. While comming back, they has to get visa stamped on the passport.
    I want to know that if I am not accomping them to india, can they still get the visa stamped from the US Consulate in Delhi? Will they give the visa to my dependents if i have a expired visa?

Yes, why not?
    You don't have to be present with them all the time, and your visa doesn't matter.
    All you need to have is a valid H1 status.

For docs list, refer to https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/

Comment

what are the chances of getting the visa stamped for 5 months as my extension is till may 2011. If it can be a problem in getting their visa stamped.

Comment

No issues. As long as the petition is valid, you can go for stamping. Visa will be issued only till your petition expiry date.

Originally posted by singhantra23 View Post
        what are the chances of getting the visa stamped for 5 months as my extension is till may 2011. If it can be a problem in getting their visa stamped.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X