221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi sameboat12,

What docs you were asked to submit based on the 221(g) form? I was asked to submit a client letter, i tried to explain that i will be working inhouse and have nothing to do with any clients. But still was asked to explain everything with the docs i submit. :-|

waiting since september... must have been real frustrating for u ... TC and Best of Luck.
    Last edited by AKD_80; 12-22-2010, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I visited Mumbai Consulate yesterday to know the status of the process. They asked for my passport and checked the status in their systems. It wasnt of much help though and they asked me to wait for the email. I am in my 3rd week and still waiting. Lets keep each other posted.

Comment

waiting for 3 months

i was given the yellow form so no documents were asked
        just asked to wait for email.

Comment

update

any luck guys???

Comment

221g yellow slip- Direct employer

Hi Guys,

I received 221g yellow slip on 7th December. This is my first H1-b stamping.

I was asked very general questions and very straight forward and I later determined that I used different name of employer at one place in DS 160. Could this be a reason? Also I used my actual work address instead of my petitioner address in i797. Can that be a reason for this? No further documents were asked in interview.

Please keep posting updates everyone.

Comment

Reading all of your cases is making me nervous, I thought full time employees were almost certain to get H1B stamping without any hassle,

Is this just a numbers thing, meaning more people go to India for stamping vs Canada or elsewhere so more "Admin Processing" cases are happening in India or are they over - scrutinizing cases in India ?

I am a full time employee, working for a non - profit, going for stamping at New Delhi in Jan 2011.

Senior Members - please advice if going to New Delhi is sensible in my case, or should I go to Canada instead ?

Thanks !

Comment

Its getting frustrating...

Did someone get any email here?

@msan. Did you go to VFS with your passport? Can you give more details? Also, I am having doubts on whether they have my right email.

My emloyer is still not able to understand the situation. Apprantley this is the first time ever somethng of this sort has happen to their employee and I can not give them a date of return.

Guys please share what things we can do in our cases.

Comment

@ rooney123

Yes situation is bad in Delhi consulate. Not sure what it would be in Canada but 221g cases are pending from consulates out of India also. One of my ex colleague of Indian origin is stuck in Maritius from last 7 mo. I am not sure what is problem in his case but stamping from Canada and not from Delhi doesnt garauntee, that case may not be hold for 221g administrative processing. If not emergency it is advised to stay back in US. But if have to come, then I still see advantage in India as you can stay with family and njoy unwanted vacation as most of ppl are doing.

Comment

Yellow slip on 27 December 2010

I had applied for L1-B Individual and questions asked by VO were simple and he did not ask for any documents. Finally he handed me the Yellow 221.g slip. He kept all the documents and returned the passport to me. He stated PIMS on the 221g yellow slip and told me that I will be contacted.....
                    Anyone who suffered a similar case???

Comment

Finally received most awaited email today to submit passport

I received email from mumbai NIV asking to submit my passport, yellow letter and copy of email to nearest VFS office. I also submitted them today.

Email sounded little confusing to me.

It said that "Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time." I hope this is just formal statement.

Now wait starts for passport to come back.

Comment

@samkit777

Hope its for good to issue VISA finally. However embassy has taken passport from lot of ppl and again put case under admin processing. I hope yellow slip case is different (also you are working directly to employer) and finally they issue you VISA. Best of luck.

Comment

me too received an email

I also received an email on 30 dec. submitted passport,yellow letter an email content on same day. waiting to get it stamped

Comment

Solutions for 221g yellow slip

Hi All,

- I went to Mumbai consulate on 29th Nov 2010 for H1B stamping for me and my dependents.
                            - I was having valid petition since July 2007 which was valid till June 2011 (3 Yrs)
                            - VO asked me simple que(s)[like what will be your salary, responsibilities, how long you will stay] but at the end he told me everything is fine he doesnt see any issue but they need to do some administrative processing and returned my passports to me.
                            - On 21st Dec 2010 i recieved email from Consulate asking for submitting the passports to nearest VFS office with copy of the email they send to me.
                            - If you have any queries you can mail to them at [email protected]. They definately reply to your emails at the end of day.
                            - If you want to talk to VISA Representative you can make call at 0120 6611411 which worked for me.
                            - They will not tell you status but in my case i came to know that my email id is not working properly so they were not able to send emails to me.
                            - Validity of the visa which i got was equal to validity of petition i.e. June 2011 in my case.

So try sending emails though you don't get exact reply of the queries you are asking.

ALL THE BEST..... Seriously speaking dont loose hope if you are in administrative processing then most probably you are in safe side and you will get the stamp. Write to me at [email protected] for any help
                            Last edited by writetohimanshu; 01-03-2011, 12:11 AM. Reason: Missed out add Info

Comment

I complete one month today and still waiting. There is no way to track how long it will take.

Comment

Received 221(g) from Delhi Consulate - Green Form

Hi,

I have received 221(g) green form on 8-12-2010 for stamping of H1B with family. Visa Officer has asked me submit some additional documents required from my employer along with all the passports at VFS office. I have submitted all the required documents and passports on 30-12-2010 at New Delhi US VFS Office. At the end of the interview, Visa Officer told me that there is no problem with my particulars, but only my US employer is small and they would need some additional documents before taking any decision.

I am too much worried about the outcome. I think asking for submission of passports along with the documents is a positive sign for stamping.

All of you are requested to please share your views for my case and help me.

Thanks

VG

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X