No announcement yet.

221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My case was sent to USCIS in Mar'12 for revocation. (interview at mumbai, full details in this thread).
    USCIS reaffirmed my petition in April'13. I believe I will have to wait till the consulate contacts me. Until they do, I guess I will have to sit and twiddle my thumbs, an exercise I much need.

Any idea how much time it will take ? Or do I ask my company's visa team to contact them (through an attorney, if needed) ? Do we need to reinterview or just resubmit documents? Do we need to fill in DS160 again ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Punekar View Post
      USCIS reaffirmed my petition in April'13. I believe I will have to wait till the consulate contacts me. Until they do, I guess I will have to sit and twiddle my thumbs, an exercise I much need.
      Any idea how much time it will take ?
      The CEAC website shows my case's last update date as the day of my original interview in Mar'12. Does it even get updated when it comes up for consideration by the consulate ?

Comment

• Mumbai 2013 - 221g Yellow after Dropbox and VISA interview H1B renewal ?

Hiii,

I went for my H1B Visa Renewal (Direct Hire -fulltime since 3 years) at MUMBAI US Consulate on May 16th 2013 via the Dropbox system since I am eligible for it (Same Petitioner)
        After submitting the documents at the Dropbox, I checked my status online that the Passport is ready for pickup. After picking up the Passport, the VISA was not stamped.
        Instead I received a blue letter indicating that I have to appear for interview at the Document Drop-Off Location. No appointment required.

On May22nd, I appeared for the VISA interview (Time:10.15 to 10:30 on any working day).
        After around 5 interview Questions, the interviewer gave me a yellow 221(g) and said Everything in the interview went fine, but they still need some information ??
        The 221(g) didnt ask for any documents. It just says to check the website and wait for my CEAC Code to appear.
        Now, I am just waiting and checking the website :http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/case-status.html.
        I called them and they told me that my status is admin processing and it will take several weeks. Check status at : https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...zCYubaSQI+RA==

Anyone in Mumbai- 2013 had the same scenario ? How much time it takes to receive the VISA???????????

Thank you !

Comment

• Originally posted by JavedMS184 View Post
          Hiii,

I went for my H1B Visa Renewal (Direct Hire -fulltime since 3 years) at MUMBAI US Consulate on May 16th 2013 via the Dropbox system since I am eligible for it (Same Petitioner)
          After submitting the documents at the Dropbox, I checked my status online that the Passport is ready for pickup. After picking up the Passport, the VISA was not stamped.
          Instead I received a blue letter indicating that I have to appear for interview at the Document Drop-Off Location. No appointment required.

On May22nd, I appeared for the VISA interview (Time:10.15 to 10:30 on any working day).
          After around 5 interview Questions, the interviewer gave me a yellow 221(g) and said Everything in the interview went fine, but they still need some information ??
          The 221(g) didnt ask for any documents. It just says to check the website and wait for my CEAC Code to appear.
          Now, I am just waiting and checking the website :http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/case-status.html.
          I called them and they told me that my status is admin processing and it will take several weeks. Check status at : https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTrack...zCYubaSQI+RA==

Anyone in Mumbai- 2013 had the same scenario ? How much time it takes to receive the VISA???????????

Thank you !
          Hey Javed,

Welcome to the club. Admin processing is a pain. You'll get it soon if you are lucky. If you are not, then you never know how long.
          I've been waiting for 11 Months now.

If you haven't been through this before or don't know much about this, just remember that every Muslim applicant has to go through this.
          I've been reading a lot about this over the past 11 months and I've come across cases where applicant had been in the US for over 3yrs (some of them working for Co's as good as Microsoft/yahoo/IBM) and still recvd 221g-yellow.

Nothing much can be done and nothing much is known about what exactly happens when an application goes through Admin processing. Hopefully, they won't take long for processing your visa. Be patient.

You can keep posting in the following ******** forum where a Consular officer responds to your queries:-

Regards
          Rasool

Comment

• Does Any one Recently got visa issued from this forum..????

Comlpeted 5 month today in waiting and still counting.. :-(

Comment

• Still waiting

Comment

• Have been waiting for an year and still counting

I am gonna complete an year tomorrow. Still waiting. any updates from any of the guys???

Comment

• No Man I am also Waiting will complete 6 month in july :-(

u have completed 1 yr..
                  in 9 month Man can deliver baby but not get visa lol :-D

Comment

• Originally posted by virgo_amar View Post
                    No Man I am also Waiting will complete 6 month in july :-(

u have completed 1 yr..
                    in 9 month Man can deliver baby but not get visa lol :-D
                    Updates???? Anyone????

Comment

• NO Progress

HI ,

Still waiting , no news

Comment

• Originally posted by missivory View Post
                        HI ,

Still waiting , no news
                        How long have you been waiting? I remember you mentioned its been an year...

Comment

• No Update..
                          waiting since 190 days...:-(

Comment

• Originally posted by ras305 View Post
                            How long have you been waiting? I remember you mentioned its been an year...
                            It is going to be 18 months now .............and they still give same answer " Admin processing"

Comment

• missivory : what is ur Visa Type.

I guess if the Administative Processing exceed more than 1 yr then ur case is closed and u have to reappear for interview
                              Did you send mail to [email protected]?

Did your name belong to Common Muslim name???

Comment

• Originally posted by missivory View Post
                                It is going to be 18 months now .............and they still give same answer " Admin processing"
                                Yes same with me and I'm waiting now more than 9 months and same story.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X