221(g) yellow form during H1B Visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@msan,

Did you contact the senator directly or through your employer. My employer contacted the congressman last week by sending privacy release form and he got a reply back from the congressman asking for more documents from the employer. Hopefully he will b able to help me with this..

Comment

Interview date: 6th Dec.
      Yellow 221g - no docs asked.
      Still waiting...

I could not agree with Razz more - this is beyond ridiculous. Thankfully, my employer is letting me work the nights from India; but I have been in India over 2.5 months now and I really hope we can let our complaints be heard.

Have been in the States for close to 9 years - started as a grad student and a tax paying employee for years after that; there has to be some recourse here... it is beyond painful.

Comment

@221g yellow 6dec

don't feel alone. I am sure many people are feeling the same pain as you right now. let's pray to god that we all get out of this ridiculous situation soon. btw, what is your employment model?

Comment

@f12gc
          I am an employee - for the last 5 yrs of a large company; not a consultant etc.

Agreed - patience will hopefully bear fruit; but we should try to find a solution to this process and ensure that others don't fall in the same black hole.

Comment

Dec3rd 221g

Hi,

Interview Date: 3-Dec 2010
            22g yellow receipt
            required docs submitted on 13-Jan-2011

when I am checking the status through case number at Hyderabad consulate web site.
            previously check your case number, we did not found at web site message displayed.

But today getting following message:

Case Number:
            Date Submitted: 01/12/2010
            Response Date: N/A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Your case is currently undergoing processing. Please continue to check this website for updates on the status of your case. Any new information received will be posted to the website.

It seems there is some progress.

Any one got this type of info in the website.

Please let me know.

Comment

case id for 221g blue and embassy location

My husband has got 221g blue slip when attended on jan18th in chennai for H1b. he submitted his documents in hyderabad vfs drop box and it been more than 2 weeks. Not sure what is processing time? But when I wanted to check the case status in hyderabad what should be the case id? There is a number placed on the 221g blue with which the hyd consulate does not recognize and when I called USCIS number here they said it is still in processing and processed in Embassy (mostly hyderabad). Not sure where can we track the case. Any help is lot appreciated.

Comment

If the interview was @ Chennai consulate and if the 221g was issued at Chennai consulate, why did your husband submit the documents requested in 221g at the Hydrabad VFS dropbox? Did you get special instructions from the consulate to submit the documents at the Hydrabad VFS location?

Originally posted by anuprash View Post
                My husband has got 221g blue slip when attended on jan18th in chennai for H1b. he submitted his documents in hyderabad vfs drop box and it been more than 2 weeks. Not sure what is processing time? But when I wanted to check the case status in hyderabad what should be the case id? There is a number placed on the 221g blue with which the hyd consulate does not recognize and when I called USCIS number here they said it is still in processing and processed in Embassy (mostly hyderabad). Not sure where can we track the case. Any help is lot appreciated.
                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

221g

It was mentioned in the 221g blue that we can submit the documents in any of the vfs drop box (chennai or hyderabad or mumbai or kochi). This is the reason we did submit in hyderbad as it was nearer for us rather chennai

Comment

Okay, then you should contact the VFS helpdesk and they will should be able to help you track the progress of your 221g case.

Originally posted by anuprash View Post
                    It was mentioned in the 221g blue that we can submit the documents in any of the vfs drop box (chennai or hyderabad or mumbai or kochi). This is the reason we did submit in hyderbad as it was nearer for us rather chennai
                    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by dec9221g View Post
                      @msan,

Did you contact the senator directly or through your employer. My employer contacted the congressman last week by sending privacy release form and he got a reply back from the congressman asking for more documents from the employer. Hopefully he will b able to help me with this..
                      @dec9221g: My husband contacted the senator and they inturn send a query to the consulate on the status update. I got the standard reply from the senator. Good luck to you.

Comment

• Still waiting ( VI 3rd dec / 221g yellow / no docs. asked )

Guys...

I am mad enough now to compare the 221g resolved cases on Feb 11 and Feb 15 for Mumbai NIV (I assume mostly will be H1-B's).

Only 11 cases got added in the Feb 15 edition compared to Feb 11. If these case are resolved at such miserable pace, I'm afraid the days are not too far when I will loose my job...

I'm tired of working remotely, attending meetings/conference calls for the last 2 months now...

I am working for a very big semi-conductor firm...I did not heard any cases like mine within my company...I am wondering what is special in my case that consulate honoured me with this yellow color...

I pray Great GOD please save us from this 221g demon.

Comment

• hmm..this is really bad from the consulate side to clear just 5 cases in 3 days. I called DOS today, they said my case is under admin processing and they don't have any control on the process..what a strange situation, where not even the DOS has any control on the yellow cases!

god pls save us all!

Comment

• interview date: 12/22/2010
                            handed the yellow 221g sheet no docs asked
                            calender days since: 53
                            business days since: 33
                            I work for a huge software company directly
                            called dos: no luck
                            called mumbai helpline: they read me the same msg printed on the yellow sheet

i m so tired of waiting ....i have finally just canceled my ticket...i have decided to buy a new one when everything is done.
                            I am frustrated with working in the night and constantly explaining to relatives and friends y i am here for so long
                            and no one can do anything about it !!!
                            I have been thru 1 layoff and I dont want to go thru another one & I miss my husband

has any one found out any way of finding out the status ??

Comment

• Today completed 3 months of my wait on admin processing , my interview was on 16th nov .. seems I am waiting longest of you all hope fully it is coming soon

@sam_k - yeh dos , and mumbai vfs are not of any help to me yet, best chance for us was information window at mumbai embassy but they closed it down I might try out to contact my state senator as msan had did, hope they will help
                              Last edited by rks123; 02-15-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• We are all sailing in the same boat. Friends working from India in this situation feel lucky that you are allowed to work. My employer did not allow me to work and I am ideal since last 2 and half months waiting and waiting... I can loose my job anytime now

Its frustrating situation and hopefully we all will pass through soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X